Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UGAKarlandBrook

I'm happy to hear she is already home and with family :) Her incision does look good! I'll be thinking of her and you and Marc -

Brook

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

Thinking of you and Darcy this afternoon......hoping for more progress......best wishes and many good thoughts coming your way across the pond dear!!!!!! :grouphug:grouphug:kiss2:kiss2

I'm just seeing this now - so very sorry for poor Darcy! Many prayers and good wishes for her recovery - the pics of her amputation site look very much like my Darwin's (his was his front left leg) - the first couple of weeks after the amputation are certainly the worst but once she gets through that you'll be amazed how fast she'll be cavorting about again! Feel better soon Darcy! :grouphug:grouphug

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Darcy looks great. Here's a photo of my Morgan after his front amputation and he had a lot less bruising than some.

Morgan_amputation.jpg

He's at 21 months and counting!

QUOTE(Sirocco_Nikki @ Oct 17 2007, 11:34 AM)

Her incision looks really good.

Starting the 'pain-free-infection-free-fast-healing-while-kicking-cancer-hiney' chant.

I'll join in on that chant.

Me too!

Me three!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

snip

Marc did the Darcy bit and I did the 'entertaining the other 10 dogs with one small packet of treats' at the far end of the room. (Jeez).

Marc & Darcy made rather woonky progress from her bed, through the dining area and into the conservatory, where the outing was nearly aborted by the fact that Darcy jumped up ontp the settee that she was passing in there :yikes: She lay down on it and wasn't for moving :rolleyes:

You certainly took your life in your hands with the tiny amount of treats and 10 dogs.

And WHY do they want to do all the things they're not supposed to be doing? There's to be no jumping! :eek But I'm sure at that point in the journey it looked very inviting.

Sounds like she's making great progress. I hope you and Marc do too. :) You're all in my prayers!

Guest Tenderhearts

Why doesn't it surprise me that it would be a Doyle dog who jumped up on furniture just shortly after limb amputation? :blink::P

Continuing good thoughts for Darcy, and Randy says to milk that tinned food for all it's worth! :chow:nod

Guest RosiesMom

Darn Cancer.

:grouphug:bighug:hope:candle

Thoughts and prayers headed your way - for you and for Darcy. She's looking good, in spite of it all.

Edited by RosiesMom

What a sweet girl--she looks really good after her surgery--sending healing prayers.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Darcy :wub:

So glad she was able to come home so quickly, that will definitely speed up her recovery. It sounds like Darcy is planning on getting better real soon too! :grouphug

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Darcy has been settled all evening and has had a few big drinks and she finished off her dinner and then had a sausage :rolleyes: I was going to give her some scrambled eggs but then thought she may well have had enough for tonight (even though it wasn't a massive amount) so she can have the eggs for breakfast. Chicken breasts are defrosting for tomorrow night.

Marc will be sleeping down here tonight. I can't get her outside on my own if she needs to go :(

Talking of which, she's going to be taken on a garden visit in a few minutes so I'll report back afterwards. I just hope its more successful than the first one we attempted :unsure

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm just reading this. Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers for Darcy. Good to hear that her character is still showing through (jumping on furniture already).

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

The garden visit didn't happen because she refuses to move and she was getting stressed, so we've just left it for now.

If she wees in her bed it doesn't matter. I just don't want her to be upset by doing it there.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

She's laying on her 'bad' side :eek

Is she mad??