Winslow's Diary

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Mom is going to 100% guarantee that there will be NO ice for his birthday, of course. Can you imagine his displeasure if there is ICE at his party?

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

From the look on his face in the photo, you must have cleaned up the language in the caption, because that's not what I think he's saying!!! :lol

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

January 29, 2009

Well I think we finally figured it out. If I open the basement door, the garage door and the gate, Winslow can get enough exercise to make a good poo in the back yard. All this without having to take him out on the ice. So, down the front stairs, around the side of the house, in through the back gate, in through the basement out through the garage, across the front walk, and repeat 4,5,6 times until he thinks he's had a good walk. He still hates it, but it works. All the cheering and the biscuit afterward will make it easier next time.

Ah. winter.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Glynis, you're such a good mom.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Thanks, Jen,

Could you tell that to Winslow? He hates me right now.

:lol Yes, no problem. Let him read this:

Winslow,

I know you feel a little angry at your momma right now, but it's not her fault the snow and ice came like that. She is doing her very bestest to keep things safe for you and make sure you have a good spot to potty. I know it may not be ideal, but your momma loves you very very much so try to give her a break. When it doubt, think of all the Burpdog biskies she's gotten for you. :colgate See you on your birthday!

(I'll also tell him again in person when I see him, if he's still mad at you then that is. I bet by then this will be a distant memory. ;)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Winslow, my confidential informants tell me that the Freezemeister was seen in your neck of the woods the day the horrid ice appeared! :omg Several insiders report that despite all of your Mom's security measures, Freezemeister was able to slip through the guarded perimeter around your house and wreaked havoc with the ice! :ohno Mom's radar picked up his signal in the middle of the night and she rushed outside in an attempt to sabotage his attempts to spread evil ice all over your territory! :angry: She spent hours chasing Freezemeister around the yard and breaking up the evil ice, but he was able to escape. :o

Don't be mad at Mom, Winslow, unless you and Tucker playing the same game and are holding out for more treats! :rolleyes:

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Winslowsmom

Thanks for encouraging Winslow. I read all the posts to him.

Yesterday morning, he was able to go for a long walk with his Dad. They went to all the regular places and Winslow re-marked all of them.(Either he's been holding it for days or there is a camel in his ancestry!) Daddy took him down to the ravine so he could search out the Freezemeister and further melt some ice.

Now, the neighborhood fortress is secure.. the walkways are safe, and Winslow aka "The Blue Flame" is again patrolling his domain.

Whew! This time we survived the ice storm with no falls or injured feet.

Now, we are hoping the weather holds out for the big party! :balloonparty

Winslow insists that I write this post because he doesn't want Diane (Burpdog) to lift a finger! He wants her to be well enough to make the trip! He's going to help her get well. Wants to feed her Evo (rabbit--canned) and Burpdog biscuits. Yum. Says she can sleep on his beds. He's getting all ready for her visit.. By Saturday, he'll have her dancing on the table.

Says he knows enough about nursing to pass the test, but he likes to sleep on the job, so that could be a problem..

2009_0202misc-paintings0006.jpg

Dear Winslow,

I'm on a sabbatical at the moment (that means sequential napping) and would be happy to lend you my uniform, so you can be all decked out when Auntie Burpdog arrives. You might have to let it out a little, and maybe the cap is a little 1940's, but whatever you do, DON'T let anyone call you "Pope"!

Mafi

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

ooo wins-low

eye adore ay man un yoo-niform :beatheart

Dar-sea

xx

(me in big snow today)

darcy020209a.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest EmbersDad

aaah...just got home from winslow's birthday bash. it was an incredibly fun time. glynnis and craig are exceptional hosts and made me, a stranger to them, feel very welcome in their house. winslow had a great time as this pic shows, but you will have to wait till later to see how he got here :lol

fz9ij5.jpg

Ooooooh, the party was todayyyyyyyyyyyyy!! I can't wait to hear the full story and see all the pics :couchjump

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Pictures! Stories! Headlines! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! HURRY!

Guest EmbersDad

winslows bash was saturday night. i had it on good authority that winslow was fascinated by bags and tissue paper.

mkdtg4.jpg

u mean theres more goodies in here?

ev6ofr.jpg

hmmm...what is it

2qx2miv.jpg

tissue with a tail!

j0b6rr.jpg

a squirrel with extra squeakers

faogpd.jpg

winslow showing off his squirrel

qxnucl.jpg

unwrapping a screaming monkey

10fwbok.jpg

i think he screamed for about 45 seconds......:rofl

ezlpw6.jpg

its about time! make with the cake! i also gave him one of embers old winter collars coz he was sweet on my girlie …:wub:

20f6a80.jpg

good times. glynnis has a lot more pics.

Edited by EmbersDad

Winslow (and Gynnis & Craig) throw quite the bash :) Great meeting you, Tom!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest EmbersDad
Winslow (and Gynnis & Craig) throw quite the bash :) Great meeting you, Tom!

same here. always nice to put a face to the name. they also do a mean breakfast.

Glad to see everyone made it home safely. We got back about 5:00. What a wonderful party! Tom is right, Glynis and Craig were so gracious, and it was so much fun to get to hang out with them, and to see Winslow in his element. He LOVES stuffies! And he loves people. And he loves Burpdog. And there was plenty of all of that. And he is absolutely gorgeous and regal and silly and endearing and loving. And his beautiful coat---I've never seen a Greyhound with such a luxurious coat. Now, I was thinking of that when I decided on his present. If you'll notice the necklace he's wearing in Tom's pictures, I made it especially for him---he had to have some bling for his publicity pictures! Well, he does look stunning, if I do say so myself.

It was so great to see (and/or meet) Glynis, Diane, Tom, Meredith, Jen, and Rhonda. Tom took some excellent pictures. I have a few as well that I'll see if I can get on Photobucket.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest EmbersDad

and what fun it was getting worked over by lydia in the hotel lobby. dogs seem to know i am an easy touch :lol and u are right. his coat is amazingly luxurious. my vet said that cancer dogs with the chemo develop amazing coats and you could always tell them from the other dogs at UPENN.

Edited by EmbersDad

Guest Winslowsmom

Winslow's Party

by Winslow...

On Wednesday, my mom took me for my swim.. I wore my new swimsuit and had a lot of fun. I knew something was up because she gave me a longer bath than usual. I smelled really good. On Thursday she went shopping. She brought home all kinds of food and stuff. On Thursday night, Mom and Dad went out. They brought DIANE (Burpdog) home with them! I knew there was going to be a party. She had biscuits in her suitcase! She gave me "Big Dog". I love him.

2009_0208misc-paintings0006.jpg

I gave Diane my healing blanket and lots of lovees. We decided she should get some rest while she was here.

On Friday, my mom baked people cakes and Diane watched and took some naps. She spent some time with me and I really liked that. I was getting excited because I knew a party was going to happen.

On Saturday, Diane started making little boxes of Burpdog Biscuits. These were for my doggie friends.. I love them, from a distance and I want them to have some biscuits too. So everyone got a little box of biscuits to take home.

2009_0208misc-paintings0015.jpg

Then there was MY CAKE!

2009_0208misc-paintings0011.jpg

Then I saw Queenwinnie's Mom and Dad.. I met them once at Dewey, years ago.. Here's a picture of them with their girls. I looked at them from a distance.. but not up close. They sure are cute.

2009_0208misc-paintings0018.jpg

They brought me a most beautiful gift. Queenwinnies Mom made it just for me! The bling looks so good on me and I'm so proud of it! I met Queen Winnie at Dewey and she has been one of my heroes. I can feel her strength and courage when I wear this necklace. It's so special!

2009_0208misc-paintings0021.jpg

I know I'm the best dressed guy in the neighborhood. We are having beautiful weather and MORE people were starting to come to MY PARTY!

There were stuffies and toys and all kinds of fun things. We had cake and everyone sang to me.

2009_0208misc-paintings0031.jpg

I got a really special present from Ember's Dad. He brought me one of her beautiful collars. Oh, I'm so honored! I know her spirit was at my party.

Bodie's mom gave me a screaming monkey and I bit him too hard. My mom has to replace a lot of squeakers now because I love all the toys so much!

So many squeakys!

All my neighborhood friends were here, and my Greyhound Welfare friends who I've known since I came from the track 5 years ago. They brought toys and ate cake.

The party lasted until after midnight. Whew! I was tired.

This morning, some of my friends came back for breakfast. Diane was still here, Uncle Harris and Aunt Cathy, and Ember's Dad came back, too. I was really glad to see him and we had a little time to talk. I wanted him to know how touched I was that he gave me Ember's collar. I think he knows that I loved her, too.

2009_0208misc-paintings0037.jpg

2009_0208misc-paintings0035.jpg

Later, Diane spent some time with me and she gave me the professional wubbies as only she can do:

2009_0208misc-paintings0047.jpg

2009_0208misc-paintings0050.jpg

She made me feel all googly.

I had such a good birthday party!

After everyone left, I put all my new stuffies on the bed for a nap.

When I woke up, I got all dressed up in my special collar and bling and my dad took me around the neighborhood so all could see me wearing them... I'm so proud!

2009_0208misc-paintings0042.jpg

Thanks to all who came to my party and helped me celebrate my 9th birthday and 2 cancer free years! I appreciate all of you!

A special thanks to everyone at GreyTalk who has been cheering me on for the last two years. Your support has given me and my family a lot of strength.

I hope to see everyone at my party next year!

Love,Winslow