Gracey's In Surgery Now

Guest K9Cookies

Guest K9Cookies

Gracey is having surgery this morning for her chronic "female issues". We've been battling vaginal discharge, inflammation and infection for quite a while now. So, this morning she's having the surgery to lift up that flap of skin and she'll be cleaned up really good. She's getting a dental too.

I'm so nervous and anxious this morning. I know she'll be in good hands. Sheila (retiredracers) and Sonja (moremoney)...two GTers, both work at the vet clinic. But, it's still a major surgery in a sensitive area.

Send some good thoughts and prayers our way today. Hopefully, Sheila and Sonja can give us some good updates throughout the day. I'll pick up Gracey this evening and spend the day at home with her tomorrow.

Our troublemaker of the family...

BeachPics030.jpg

Edited by K9Cookies

Gobs of good thoughts for Gracey and for you! Looking forward to hearing good updates too. :)

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest IrskasMom

More good Thoughts, Prayers and gentle Hugs for Gracey :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Will be looking for an Update on Gracey :):):)

Edited by IrskasMom

Good thoughts for Gracey and for Mom!

I've heard lots of success stories from this surgery. Hopefully it will be just as good for Gracey!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Very best wishes for your Gracey. I hope this brings hers lots of relief. goodluck.gifclover.gifgetwell.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Best wishes and good thoughts for Gracey!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Gracey is out of surgery and she's waking up. The surgery went really well. We hope this will make her feel better. Her teeth are nice and clean, too.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Good thoughts for Gracey and Kristin

from Maddie and Me.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest K9Cookies

Thanks, everyone! :) I'll be leaving in about 20 minutes to drive out and pick her up. Poor girl, she's going to be uncomfortable for a while.

Guest K9Cookies

We've been home for a bit, and Gracey is sleeping on the couch next to me. She's still pretty groggy but doing OK. The incision looks bigger and better than I thought it might.

Feel free to scroll really fast past a picture. I just thought other GTers going through the same thing might get some use out of seeing the incision.

Gracey's privates for all to see...

IMAG0003.jpg

Before the surgery, her vulva was so hidden by the flap above it. It will still take quite a while for things to heal, but it's looking much better already. :)