Doolin Has a Guest (Take 2)

Welcome, pretty Misty. Please leave Tootie alone.

• Like 1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

She’s going to dooo just fine! What a cutie. Is Doolin smitten?

Tootie, it’s ok, sweetie. 

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

6 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

She’s going to dooo just fine! What a cutie. Is Doolin smitten?

He was all wags! Although maybe a little embarrassed that he had to meet her in his Underoosdoos (bright blue belly band :rofl).

Edited by ramonaghan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Misty is gorgeous!!!  :hope  

Funny, Pavi looks like Andi so much, and Misty and Felicity could be twins!!!  Tho we've had so many greyhounds that there's going to be one that looks like every one!!  :lol  

• Haha 2

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

4 hours ago, Patsy said:

How's it going?

I think Pavi did a number on Tootie. :unsure She's made herself even more scarce than before and had an accident overnight because she's too scared to roam freely. She had gotten back to normal with just Doolin here, but maybe Misty looks too much like Pavi or has too much energy (did you know two-year-olds have a lot of energy? :lol) and Toots is just 100% not interested in meeting her.

Misty is a funny girl though. Very skittish at first but already more comfortable. She and Doo had crazy zoomies outside at 4:30 a.m., which is when she's done recharging for the night and ready for everyone to PLAY NOW. She walks around with a stuffy in her mouth, which is quite adorable. She also has the cutest derpy expression because the dark part of her muzzle makes it look like she's smiling. She has faboo eyebrows too!

54063749428_cdcb1aa9ae_z.jpg

Going to sit with Pavi while my parents are at church this morning. She was so excited to see me yesterday she left some good scratches down my arms from jumping on me (worth it!). My parents hadn't seen that side of her and decided she must find them terribly boring—probably bc they don't have a cat!

• Like 1

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds

@dante2zoeI don't know how you do it. I just walked a 2-year-old and a 3-year-old solo and I need a nap. :rofl 

• Haha 3

Oh goodness, Misty is lovely.  I see the smile and the eyebrows.  :lol  

When introducing new cats to the house and introducing new dogs to cats, I have had good luck setting up the big wire Greyhound crate in the living room. I fill it with everything the cats need, blankets, small litter box.  Everyone meets through the wire crate.  Would poor Tootie accept that or be further traumatized?  :kiss2

463266481_10220255596419386_562479752904463075319_10220255596739394_104456845498

462799880_10220255603539564_281397182946

• Like 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Aww Tootie, please don't be afeered, Misty is a good gurl! Please try to werk it out, for alla you and Dooo! 

Pavi, sigh :lol

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank you @LBass. We tried that when introducing Richard and it went over like a lead balloon. :lol Toots is just a grande ole dame and does not appreciate interlopers in "her" house. She was fine with Doolin and Willa bc they left her alone from day one and she was used to Sweep. In all cases, big boy cats had handled any necessary dog training, and I think that's a role she just doesn't want to take on herself. Sigh.

We'll give it more time though. Toots has her safe spaces, and Misty is no trouble except for those early morning wake-up calls. :sleepy There is also a return boy we're waiting to hear more about; he lives with an outdoor cat who loves him and winds itself around the dog's legs without incident. :wow 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

winds itself around the dog's legs without incident

Aw, that sounds so sweet.

• Like 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I'm realizing now that I don't think I've mentioned in this thread that Tootie is 16. She's a youthful 16 but 16 nevertheless, so we're trying to be extra cautious and mindful of her well-being. Ideal scenario would be a middle-aged bounce who's lived with a cat. Or Doo may remain an only, though I do think he has really enjoyed having these girls around. :goodluck 

• Like 3

I get it. I adopted Norma Jean when she was 15. She is a pretty healthy and youthful 17 now, but very  set in her ways. Perhaps, unless the perfect match comes along, you can be the temporary foster/vacation home, so Doolin gets company sometimes and Tootie gets a break sometimes. :goodluck

• Like 2

Just now, Remolacha said:

I get it. I adopted Norma Jean when she was 15. She is a pretty healthy and youthful 17 now, but very  set in her ways. Perhaps, unless the perfect match comes along, you can be the temporary foster/vacation home, so Doolin gets company sometimes and Tootie gets a break sometimes. :goodluck

I like this idea. That's what we're leaning toward right now, though I do think we'll keep Misty a little longer to see how it goes. Alas, I couldn't convince my parents to do the same with Pavi—they're also seniors who are set in their ways. :lol 

• Haha 2

I too get it, having brought home a succession of super-senior foster or resident kitties. Even if the kitty is the newbie, it takes time. The most recent addition--resident kitty Ducky--has adapted to dog Daisy, but is having trouble accepting the foster kitties, one of whom seems to be losing his hearing or his mind.

• Sad 2

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

23 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

@dante2zoeI don't know how you do it. I just walked a 2-year-old and a 3-year-old solo and I need a nap. :rofl 

:rofl  Just wait until a squirrel crosses the road when you have three two and under!  I am amazed how much power 115 pounds of crazy can generate.  I swear, my right arm is four inches longer than my left.  I really need to get a video of Lacifur spotting a squirrel.  The screaming, lunging, kite-flying, and tree climbing is for the books! 

The best thing we did was to teach the command "around."  Lacy knows and Gabe is learning to circle back around to the other side so we do not have their leash wrapped behind our legs.  Fizzy, bless her furry little Aussie heart, is the most stubborn greyhound I have ever encounter.  She does all kinds of things but WILL NOT do anything that you ask if she does not want to - regardless of what bribes or threats :lol you use.  She is unbelievable and paired with the Chaos Couple - oh boy!  Every walk is a "hold my beer" adventure :rotfl  

Enjoy the ride!  We have learned to embrace the insanity.  

I am sorry that you are having a tough time with Tootie.  We were very fortunate, the cats all learned to adjust to every dog that came through here, with one exception.  My SIL has Shelties and the cats hated both of them and never even got lukewarm.  Of course, they only saw them about 5 weekends out of the year but it was awful.  (I have to admit, I am not a big fan of that breed either!)  Funny thing is that now that the cats are gone, The Sheltie hates it here.  He loved trying to chase the cats and now Lacy is more than happy to play chase with him and he cannot handle it :lol:  

Cindy

• Haha 4

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

7 minutes ago, dante2zoe said:

I am sorry that you are having a tough time with Tootie.  We were very fortunate, the cats all learned to adjust to every dog that came through here, with one exception.  My SIL has Shelties and the cats hated both of them and never even got lukewarm.  Of course, they only saw them about 5 weekends out of the year but it was awful.  (I have to admit, I am not a big fan of that breed either!)  Funny thing is that now that the cats are gone, The Sheltie hates it here.  He loved trying to chase the cats and now Lacy is more than happy to play chase with him and he cannot handle it :lol:  

And that, my sheltie friend, is what we call karma. :lol 

• Haha 5