Trip to Ireland

I hope it's okay to post this here.

In a couple of weeks I will travel to Ireland to visit Clare Greyhound Sanctuary. I will bring my camera and plan on taking lots of pictures of the dogs! :heart CGS is a small privately run sanctuary for Greyhounds.  The dogs live in groups rather than kennels in order to prepare them for pet life.  In Ireland Greyhounds are often perceived as unsuitable as pets, so finding suitable homes for pet greyhounds is a tough job. The sanctuary works with adoption groups throughout Europe to get them adopted.  

I have a couple of brand new Greyhound martingale collars for sale. Proceeds will go towards Clare Greyhound Sanctuary. They are $15 each plus shipping ($12 for up to 2 collars)

Available in blue, green and red.
Size M: adjustable from 11 3/4 inches to 18 inches. 2 inches wide.
Size L: adjustable from 14 to 21 1/4 inches. 2 inches wide.

greyhound_bn1av8.jpg

I also have this handmade keyring for sale. It's unique as only one piece was made.
The key ring is a total 3 1/2 inches long and weighs 1 ounce. Made of tin and copper.
$20 including shipping.

keychain_fvjtjx.jpg

• Like 2

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

Wow! Well God bless you on your trip and God bless all the greyhounds that need homes. Please let us know all the details.  My first greyhound- call name Ivy & registered name Dream Irish- her dad was Irish.  She was very special and since her crossing over 9 other greyhounds have become family and blessed me and not to mention all the lovely fosters.:beatheart

5x7Ivy1 - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg

Anne, if you meet any greyhounds from the Droopys line, my girl is Droopys Fresh (now Flashy). She's 8 years old and had one litter of 6 pups. The Irish Greyhound Trust sent her to the US in February. She is without a doubt the easiest of my 16 greyhounds to handle. It is obvious that she was well cared for in Ireland.  I am so looking forward to your photos from Ireland!447689033_3904008693257539_6730894928958337930_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=5tKc__xzztUQ7kNvgHB8D05&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AYDLfhVA_Wg7fk3cDVvaSTL4FPiV1ohd-p2W1Y5OnGO62Q&oe=6668BF5B

• Like 3

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I hope you are able to put a pup or two in your luggage! :yay

G's sire is Irish, he is a little heftier than other greys.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I visited this sanctuary 6 years ago too. Usually there are about 15-20 dogs there, and there is a constant waiting list for Greyhounds waiting for space. They don't receive much funds and rely heavily on donations. It's always a struggle to make ends meet. I will be bringing muzzles and collars, and I'm trying to raise some funds.

Spriet's dad was Irish too :heart She was petite, but I remember the coursing males were huge! :eek

Here's a picture I took in 2018:

Clare Greyhound Sanctuary

• Like 4

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

Well done, Anne! :clap We are so looking forward to your photos and stories!

Spriet :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Anne, so many of the irish greyhounds coming to the US are black. I would be interested in seeing if you notice a majority of black greyhounds during your visit. In the US it is often the black dogs that wait longer to be adopted. Perhaps that is why so many imports arriving are black.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Manny is an Irish greyhound. He came to Greyhound Pets Inc in Woodinville, WA, 8 years ago, and it was the only group taking Irish hounds at the time. He is the best; very friendly and sociable from the start. He chose me and I am the lucky one!

• Like 3

Rebecca and Manny

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 5:10 PM, macoduck said:

Anne, so many of the irish greyhounds coming to the US are black. I would be interested in seeing if you notice a majority of black greyhounds during your visit. In the US it is often the black dogs that wait longer to be adopted. Perhaps that is why so many imports arriving are black.

It’s the same here in the UK. The black boys are the hardest ones to rehome by all accounts which is unfortunate because these are the best ones (sorry everyone, but it’s true!).

I’ve probably told you this before, but Buddy’s sire was Droopys Maldini. But Buddy was born in England, and the only foreign turf he visited was Scotland and Wales.

I love the key ring! @AnneGTS, is it still available or has someone else snapped it up?

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23