IMHA in Lemming (cancer survivor warrior)

Hopefully, this is good news.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Bad news. It's a super aggressive, never seen before in a greyhound (by the cancer department in Edinburgh) sarcoma: Splenic Histiocytic sarcoma - haemophagocytic.

It's a real nasty one. It's everywhere digesting her red blood cells. She is home with us now and looks a terrible state. She was really stressed out yesterday but is calm today, but the light has gone out in her. I think we will be booking her departure tomorrow. 

I am so, so sad. I have no kids and she was my little girl. I'm glad I have another dog because otherwise I wouldn't get one ever again this pain is so intense! The thought of doing this over and over again is terrible. 

:grouphug :grouphug 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

23 hours ago, okslater said:

I am so, so sad. I have no kids and she was my little girl. I'm glad I have another dog because otherwise I wouldn't get one ever again this pain is so intense! The thought of doing this over and over again is terrible. 

I have said this Every.  Single.  Time.  

I now have number 12 and 13. 

The pain of losing them never gets better but the love I received from each one is just not something I could do without.

:grouphug

17 hours ago, okslater said:

Okay, that's good to hear that. 

We said goodbye to her this morning. It was definitely time. She was really struggling. 

I’m so sorry…what an awful diagnose to be handed.  Sending healing thoughts to you and family.

Thanks, everyone. We keep hearing her whistle at us around the house. She's wrapped into the fabric of the building. We got her shortly after we bought this house so it's really strange her not being here. She was also our timekeeper so we've slept in late since she's gone. We have no one whistling and barking at us to tell us it's time to get up/feed/go for a walk/have a nap. We found this trait really annoying about her when we first got her but adapted to her strict regime, and now we're totally aimless without it. Do other greyhounds whistle and keep strict schedules? Our other grey has no concept of time or space, and totally relied on her to boss him around too, so he's also disorientated.

I’m so terribly sorry for your loss, such an emotional roller coaster these last few weeks.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross