Greyhounds In Gettysburg

hidoey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That mishap resulted in a death. Absolutely tragic and they are desperately trying to avoid another.

Oh no! That is tragic. I'm really sorry to hear that :-(

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

I just checked the GIG Facebook group. I didn't see mention of the Eisenhower specifically, but it did mention that dogs should be muzzled in hotel corridors. We stay at the Quality Inn and don't have corridors to worry about.

igated to pay attention to what your (their) dog is doing. No flexi-leads, no long leads with dogs flying out at the end...there are upwards to 1,000 dogs at this event and it is up to all of us to pay attention and be cautious. This year for the first time, we are asking people to wear muzzles on your dogs in the hotel hallways. There was a serious incident last year where someone had multiple dogs and they literally pulled her to attack another dog...muzzles would have prevented the ultimate damage. Please, please, let's keep this event as safe as possible...

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Looking for some good comfort food in Gettysburg? Check out this article for some recommendations.

Great fries and cheesesteaks at Hunts Battlefield Fries and Cafe.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I just saw this info about muzzles being required in the Eisenhower. As some of you know, I sell the Irish muzzles with the leather nose padding and was already planning to offer muzzle rentals for the dog-sitting and play area. If you guys think it would be helpful, I can make sure I bring enough rentals so you can have them in the hotel also. (The rentals are also the double padded style, but I mark them as rentals so that I don't accidentally sell them or people don't want to keep them.) I already have my system set up to offer a one-day rental, which I was envisioning as "pick it up today, keep it overnight and return it tomorrow". Would this be helpful?

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

So based on some feedback on the Facebook GiG group, I'll be bringing more rental muzzles and setting up a 2-day rental option for the hotel people. I'll have signs posted around also.

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Yes I am visiting mom my before GIG. Hope to see you.

Do you have my email? it's my last name, first name (NO dot between) at gmail dot com... let me know a date you'll be there - would love to see you!

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

I just saw this info about muzzles being required in the Eisenhower. As some of you know, I sell the Irish muzzles with the leather nose padding and was already planning to offer muzzle rentals for the dog-sitting and play area. If you guys think it would be helpful, I can make sure I bring enough rentals so you can have them in the hotel also. (The rentals are also the double padded style, but I mark them as rentals so that I don't accidentally sell them or people don't want to keep them.) I already have my system set up to offer a one-day rental, which I was envisioning as "pick it up today, keep it overnight and return it tomorrow". Would this be helpful?

Sharon, I recently purchased 2 of the muzzles from you - a pink one, and an orange one. My girls Chimes and Tangerine wear them whenever they're out in the yard together, and they love them! They're so much lighter then their old ones, yet more effective. I'm so glad that I found your shop!

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Unfortunately, Len has had cervical spine surgery and a second surgery, for the lower spine, will occur in the next two or three months. So, Houndtime Clocks/Zoom Doggie Coats will not be able to attend Greyhounds in Gettysburg for the first time in several years. We are very sad to have to do this, but Len’s health comes first and foremost. We will miss seeing all of people who attend, and, of course their dogs. If you were planning on making a specific purchase, please email me and I can try and accommodate you. Of course, there can be no custom wood work or clocks at this time. I have purchased lots of fabric for jackets and house coats, if that is something you need. We are very sorry to disappoint our regular customers and friends who just stop by to chat. Please keep Len in good thoughts and prayers. It would be most appreciated. Thanks. www.houndtime.com

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Unfortunately, Len has had cervical spine surgery and a second surgery, for the lower spine, will occur in the next two or three months. So, Houndtime Clocks/Zoom Doggie Coats will not be able to attend Greyhounds in Gettysburg for the first time in several years. We are very sad to have to do this, but Len’s health comes first and foremost. We will miss seeing all of people who attend, and, of course their dogs. If you were planning on making a specific purchase, please email me and I can try and accommodate you. Of course, there can be no custom wood work or clocks at this time. I have purchased lots of fabric for jackets and house coats, if that is something you need. We are very sorry to disappoint our regular customers and friends who just stop by to chat. Please keep Len in good thoughts and prayers. It would be most appreciated. Thanks. www.houndtime.com

Sending all good thoughts and prayers to your family for an uncomplicated, pain free and successful procedure. Happy healing to Len over the summer!

Sending all good thoughts and prayers to your family for an uncomplicated, pain free and successful procedure. Happy healing to Len over the summer!

Thanks.

We’ll miss both of you. Hoping for a quick recovery for Len.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

We’ll miss both of you. Hoping for a quick recovery for Len.

Thanks for your good wishes. We will miss seeing you.

Thank you for the up date about the Eisenhower. I made reservations a few weeks back & no mention of muzzles. Seems like an easy thing to do to keep everybody

safe.

I would have had an opportunity to meet you. I am sorry that we cannot attend this year.

I would have had an opportunity to meet you. I am sorry that we cannot attend this year.

I know :nod When I read you could not attend I was sad. I still have all the jackets you made for my Patches & Zim (who are gone). They are too small for my big girl

Maya but hopefully I'll find a small greyhound again in the future.

Looking at this year's schedule. https://www.greyhoundsingettysburg.org/page/schedule?

I've missed a couple of years but I seem to recall that the Saturday raffle drawing was later in the day. And that there was a beer tasting plus food vendors outside in the late afternoon/early evening. Also that the ice cream social was later in the day. Will the food vendors be there during the lunch hour?

Now it looks like things end earlier in the day at the event site and those that want to mingle should head to the Hauser Winery about 25 miles away or is it at one of their other locations? Address please!

Any idea on when the lecture topics will be posted?

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm going to TRY to get Saturday off so I can come up Fri/Sat.... once I know if I can get off, I'll look for a hotel for Friday night... will probably have to be a ways away...

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at this year's schedule. https://www.greyhoundsingettysburg.org/page/schedule?

I've missed a couple of years but I seem to recall that the Saturday raffle drawing was later in the day. And that there was a beer tasting plus food vendors outside in the late afternoon/early evening. Also that the ice cream social was later in the day. Will the food vendors be there during the lunch hour?

Now it looks like things end earlier in the day at the event site and those that want to mingle should head to the Hauser Winery about 25 miles away or is it at one of their other locations? Address please!

Any idea on when the lecture topics will be posted?

The winery is only about 14 miles fro downtown Gettysburg. It's a great time! Don't miss it!

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

There were a couple of other wineries with that name. Checking on a map I can see it's not the one right in town. Thanks for clarifying that for me. :)

And I'm glad to see that the food trucks will be at the venue. :chow

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hi all - if Toni or someone else GIG-related is on here & sees this, I just made a res. at the Aspire for Thursday night (have to work Sat so no Friday night...) & they said if I got the GIG rate ($10 more than the regular rate), that it INCLUDED all the greyhound events?!? Does that mean that it includes registration? Or do I still have to register??? VERY confused here!!

I will be at GiG on Saturday, and will be looking to sell my greyhound cart. We are getting rid of everything and traveling in an RV full time, and the cart simply won't fit in the RV. I will have the cart with me at GiG on Saturday, April 27 (only day I can go), and would very much like to not go home with it. Cart is 2' wide and 4' long and fits even the largest greyhound comfortably. Crib bumpers, canopy, and crate pad are included. Canopy/netting is removable. Feel free to PM me for more information.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fQGrfWRzXAZooA976

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5dgn72fYjvhbzxPW7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vqyQPSPnzAtFoHFQ8

Edited by dmswartzfager

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Hi all - if Toni or someone else GIG-related is on here & sees this, I just made a res. at the Aspire for Thursday night (have to work Sat so no Friday night...) & they said if I got the GIG rate ($10 more than the regular rate), that it INCLUDED all the greyhound events?!? Does that mean that it includes registration? Or do I still have to register??? VERY confused here!!

That doesn't sound right. Why not email Toni directly. It's on the Nittany website.