Greyhounds In Gettysburg

hidoey

I will be at GiG on Saturday, and will be looking to sell my greyhound cart. We are getting rid of everything and traveling in an RV full time, and the cart simply won't fit in the RV. I will have the cart with me at GiG on Saturday, April 27 (only day I can go), and would very much like to not go home with it. Cart is 2' wide and 4' long and fits even the largest greyhound comfortably. Crib bumpers, canopy, and crate pad are included. Canopy/netting is removable. Feel free to PM me for more information.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fQGrfWRzXAZooA976

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5dgn72fYjvhbzxPW7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vqyQPSPnzAtFoHFQ8

That is a very swanky cart, and I love the models in it too! :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee, Lu-Ann, Gail, Jim, Lisa, Dave and I will be there this year. We need to meet up because we really miss Camp Cocktail. I agree with Tricia, keep calling the QI; they always have cancellations and sometimes people inform others on GT. Perhaps you may see some cancellation posts on this thread. :wave

I'll see you there! lol I love going to another country to see my neighbors. It's become a tradition. lol

Any other podenco folks attending? I'll be there with little Hada, the podenco maneta.

30704527_2048146568843770_53988858608694

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Joy and I missed last year but we'll be there this year. We're staying at the Quality Inn, Battlefield. I don't have the ideal room but it's OK. I'm hoping to see Joy run in the Blur of Fur after my non-blur 5K that morning. We're coming in on Thursday some time depending on if I can leave work early on Thursday and going home on Monday so we can do more on Sunday.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

I'm coming up Thursday/Friday so I hope I can find everyone I know!! I'll be helping with the shop (at registration) Friday from 10 to about 1pm so stop by & say HI!! And... the Aspire was WRONG!! That does NOT include registration!! (I thought that was odd... wonder how many other people they told...)

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

FYI for those looking for at room at the Quality Inn, I'm cancelling my room at the Quality Inn today.

2019 will be a very odd year for us. For the first time in 15 years, we will not be attending any greyhound events...hard to believe.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Jan, no Mountain Hounds either? I just messaged you via Facebook.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

FYI for those looking for at room at the Quality Inn, I'm cancelling my room at the Quality Inn today.

2019 will be a very odd year for us. For the first time in 15 years, we will not be attending any greyhound events...hard to believe.

Jan and Dave, I hope you are ok. Len and I will not be at Gettysburg either. Len is having his second spine surgery next week.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm sorry to hear this, and hope you and your gang are all well.

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Oh,no! I was looking forward to seeing you & Dave!

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

Several food trucks will be at the vent site during the day. :chow

tiny hada siggy.png

Looks like rain, but mid 60s. Could be worse!

13 hours ago, Dad2Paisley said:

We'll be there on Thursday. Come by and say hi.

Which booth will you be at?

tiny hada siggy.png

I've sent 3 emails to the Eisenhower asking if there is a refrigerator and a hair dryer in the room, and another about my room's location within the building. The clerk I spoke with kinda blew me off. 

Post GIG:  Our room at the Eisenhower only had electricity in part of it, which we didn't discover until we returned after dark. Luckily we were able to move down the hall to another room

Outside of the hotel still has broken glass, nails, broken tile and interior wood debris. The room just down from us had the bathroom ceiling collapse from a leaking shower above them.

Edited by macoduck

tiny hada siggy.png

• 2 weeks later...

So this was my first year attending and I loved it.  Maya had her nails done, road an elevator , had a photo shoot, ice cream social, walked the battlefields!!  At 11 1/2 she was pretty tired.  

The Eisenhower has its issues and our room was no exception but they were very attendant to all our issues and fixed them in a timely manner.  I'm guessing there must have been close to 200 dogs at their facility so I think they do their best.  And downtown Gettsburg near the rotary was just fabulous😄😄🐶🐶