Greyhounds In Gettysburg

hidoey

Happy new year everyone. :bgeorge

Who plans to go to GIG? I booked a room at the Eisenhower this year because Quality Inn Battlefield is sold out. Since we didn't make it last year (due to a sudden injury for Chimes - she couldn't travel), we couldn't reserve our 2019 room at checkout, as we usually do.

Eisenhower is $109/night, no pet fee.

Edited by hidoey

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there! I'm going without dogs, so have a room at the Aspire. Can't wait to see everyone!

Aspire is so much nicer than Eisenhower. I wish they accepted hounds!

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

I am so sad....I had hoped to manage to go this year.....but I will be having knee surgery and will still be in recovery at that time. No Gettysburg for me....it's been a couple of years. I can't wait to go back. Maybe next year....

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

We will be there from Thursday to Sunday. We are at the glorious Quality Inn downtown. Cant wait!

Do not miss the Reliance Mine Saloon, GIG-sters. It is the best! :lol

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I am so sad....I had hoped to manage to go this year.....but I will be having knee surgery and will still be in recovery at that time. No Gettysburg for me....it's been a couple of years. I can't wait to go back. Maybe next year....

Good luck with your knee surgery, hope it goes well!

We will be there from Thursday to Sunday. We are at the glorious Quality Inn downtown. Cant wait!

Do not miss the Reliance Mine Saloon, GIG-sters. It is the best! :lol

Sad we're not at Quality Inn too, but hoping for the best at Eisenhower :-)

What is the reliance mine saloon?

I'm probably not going to make it. I m arriving back from Europe that Friday. I doubt I'll be up for driving 3 1/2 hours Saturday morning.

But if I have my new girl by then I'm going to need to do some serious shopping.

Reliance Mine Saloon is connected to the Quality Inn Battlefield. If you didn't know it was there, you'd miss the door - it looks like the entrance to a mine shaft. Cozy inside, though. Have fun in Europe, and congratulations on your new girl!

Good luck with your knee surgery, hope it goes well!

Sad we're not at Quality Inn too, but hoping for the best at Eisenhower :-)

Jackie, keep calling the QI. They will have a cancellation closer to the event.

Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Lee, Lu-Ann, Gail, Jim, Lisa, Dave and I will be there this year. We need to meet up because we really miss Camp Cocktail. I agree with Tricia, keep calling the QI; they always have cancellations and sometimes people inform others on GT. Perhaps you may see some cancellation posts on this thread. :wave

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Lee, Lu-Ann, Gail, Jim, Lisa, Dave and I will be there this year. We need to meet up because we really miss Camp Cocktail. I agree with Tricia, keep calling the QI; they always have cancellations and sometimes people inform others on GT. Perhaps you may see some cancellation posts on this thread. :wave

Canada is representing! :-)

I have a reservation at the Quality Inn but haven’t decided if I’m going.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I have a reservation at the Quality Inn but haven’t decided if I’m going.

Robin please go!

I'll be vending there again, but using my new business name (Sit. Stay safe!). I can't wait to show you guys the new safety gear we have in stock. I was leaning in that direction last year but didn't have very much stuff yet. Now I have full product lines of reflective jackets and leashes, rechargeable lighted jackets, collars and leashes, life jackets and of course the padded muzzles that everyone loves. Watch for Dave to be walking our ninja dog (Loki, all black greyhound) around the hall to show off how he can't be a ninja anymore. LOL!

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

I'll be vending there again, but using my new business name (Sit. Stay safe!). I can't wait to show you guys the new safety gear we have in stock. I was leaning in that direction last year but didn't have very much stuff yet. Now I have full product lines of reflective jackets and leashes, rechargeable lighted jackets, collars and leashes, life jackets and of course the padded muzzles that everyone loves. Watch for Dave to be walking our ninja dog (Loki, all black greyhound) around the hall to show off how he can't be a ninja anymore. LOL!

Very excited to see your new stuff!

• 4 weeks later...

What is the reliance mine saloon?

I'm probably not going to make it. I m arriving back from Europe that Friday. I doubt I'll be up for driving 3 1/2 hours Saturday morning.

But if I have my new girl by then I'm going to need to do some serious shopping.

WOOHOO, MP!! Europe AND a new girl?? Congrats! I may be at GIG, but probably only for the day on Friday or Saturday... see you there! (It's me... Jeannine - had to re-register...)

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

WOOHOO, MP!! Europe AND a new girl?? Congrats! I may be at GIG, but probably only for the day on Friday or Saturday... see you there! (It's me... Jeannine - had to re-register...)

You've been off GT that long?

Still looking for number 11, but definitely going to Europe.

Robin please go!

I am!! I'm definitely going! Am really looking forward to hanging out with you guys again.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I am!! I'm definitely going! Am really looking forward to hanging out with you guys again.

This makes me very happy!

I'm glad you're coming, Robin... Will you be visiting your mom before or after? I should at least be in G'burg for Saturday... I'll try & find you...

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

If you’re looking for a really fun way to tour the battlefield try Gettypeds. Our Boston friends recommended this to us last year. We took the tour and loved it!

Holly Oaks Holly

I'm glad you're coming, Robin... Will you be visiting your mom before or after? I should at least be in G'burg for Saturday... I'll try & find you...

Yes I am visiting mom my before GIG. Hope to see you.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

If you are staying in the Eisenhower please be aware all dogs walking in the halls have to wear muzzles. Due to a mishap last year this is the new ruling. It is posted on FB GIG. Also dogs in the potty area must be muzzled. If you don't bring a muzzle everyone will be in a frenzy to buy one. I am not staying there, just posting to update info.