Where May I Find A Double Padded Muzzle W/ Built In Poop Guard?

Hmm... I've never seen one that comes like that. Stool guards are usually added later (try the G.E.M. store - they are great!), and either go on the outside or inside of the muzzle depending on the size of the muzzle, held in place with zip ties. I just use sticky backed moleskin from the store to add padding on the nose. You can get, like, a small package of 2x3 sheets where shoe accessories are sold, and cut it to fit. Doubling up would add more padding.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Moleskin is what I used to pad the muzzle, you can cut it to fit where ever you need it. I found the stool guard was easier to clean when it was attached to the outside. Because you will need to clean it, they don’t give up the poop snacks easily :lol

Another vote for sticky foam or moleskin. The last muzzle I ordered from the GEM store even came with already built in rubber padding in the same colour as the muzzle.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

For poop eating, I just put 2 pieces of duct tape across the front of the muzzle. Kyle found he could smoosh the poop cup in the poop & he could get in through the holes. For some reason he never tried it with the tape. FWIW

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Hmm... I've never seen one that comes like that. Stool guards are usually added later (try the G.E.M. store - they are great!), and either go on the outside or inside of the muzzle depending on the size of the muzzle, held in place with zip ties. I just use sticky backed moleskin from the store to add padding on the nose. You can get, like, a small package of 2x3 sheets where shoe accessories are sold, and cut it to fit. Doubling up would add more padding.

That's exactly what we did and second the GEM store for purchase of muzzle and stool cup.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

That's exactly what we did and second the GEM store for purchase of muzzle and stool cup.

3rd this suggestion :) you may not even need the padding, if she's only wearing it for a few minutes while going potty outside?

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I always forget about the Irish muzzles! I bet that's what she's looking for!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I'm wondering, though, if the Irish muzzle's poop cup covers enough? Looking at it, I bet my angel poop eater Nube would be able to get as much as he wanted through the opening in the top.....the stool covers for the regular muzzles cover the entire front area completely... ?

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm wondering, though, if the Irish muzzle's poop cup covers enough? Looking at it, I bet my angel poop eater Nube would be able to get as much as he wanted through the opening in the top.....the stool covers for the regular muzzles cover the entire front area completely... ?

Maybe a determined dog could. I got one to prevent eating of various plastic objects and wood chips, I have a grey shaped hoover, not a poop eater. I also chose it because its lighter and more comfortable as it doesn't push up into his eyes when he's sleeping when home alone. So would be interested to hear how it works out.

Well, I have good and bad to report. Good: muzzle prevented poop eating. Bad: Missy Soul managed to break it in less than a week. Then she truly showed her dislike by chewing it some. Rats. Guess I'm in the market for some poop cups.

You! Out of the gene pool!

Soul really hates muzzles. As best I can figure, she went outside and rubbed it vigorously on the ground, breaking the part where the behind the ears strap attaches. She then gave it a chomp for good measure. Poop cups have been ordered.

You! Out of the gene pool!

• 3 weeks later...

Soul really hates muzzles. As best I can figure, she went outside and rubbed it vigorously on the ground, breaking the part where the behind the ears strap attaches. She then gave it a chomp for good measure. Poop cups have been ordered.

I just saw this thread. Was it a muzzle you bought from me? They're made from nylon plastic so should be pretty hard for a dog to break, so if a dog managed it I'd love to know so I can be aware of that possibility. I try to keep on top of my product quality, so I want to know when things don't measure up.

Edited by jetcitywoman

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Guest Dupey00

Don't run for the muzzle just yet! Greys have been muzzled their entire life so let's try not to go backward.

Try a bit of 100% canned pumpkin ( no additives or sugar) in dinner meal every night. A tablespoon each night should do the trick. It tastes good going in, bad coming out. It solved my poop eating issue with all my dogs! Better for dogs than the chemical stuff like Forbid. And pumpkin is good for their digestive health too.