The Grapehound Wine Tour® 2018

countrypaws

The Grapehound Wine Tour® will be held on Seneca Lake in New York from July 26-29, 2018. Registration is now open. We have held this event every year since July of 2006. It has grown to be the third largest greyhound event in the US, but it feels like a smaller event.

Grapehounds is a different kind of event where much of our time is spent hanging out with our beautiful greyhounds, sipping wine and meeting new people. The wineries just love these dogs. Yes, we have a bunch of great vendors from all over the country who come every year, but this event is really about the people and our greyhounds and relaxing in the midst of some beautiful wineries.

This part of New York is drop-dead gorgeous. There are lakes and waterfalls all over this region. Better yet, there's no concentration of top notch wineries anywhere in America like the Finger lakes of New York. In recent years we have added many brew pubs and distilleries to our "tour." You honestly could not see all our participating wineries in four days if you tried.

Early Birds can start touring as early as Tuesday, July 24th this year.

On Thursday evening we have a greyt Welcome event at Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards with music, hors d'oeuvres and lots of beverage choices.

Vendors open on Friday morning and wine tasting continues around the Lake. On Friday evening we have a big concert in our social tent. (Did we mention the wine tasting thing?)

On Saturday, more wine tasting with vendors open in the morning and a Blessing of the Hounds, an ice cream social and the end of our big Silent Auction Saturday afternoon. This year we have a Scottish band coming to participate in the Blessing event.

On Sunday morning we walk a fairly level one-mile walk to Taughannock Falls, the tallest waterfall in the Northeast, taller than Niagara Falls! We do portraits of people in front of the falls. Then, Fulkerson Winery hosts us for a going away event on Sunday afternoon.

Our website is here: www.grapehounds.com

Our motto is, "Wine and greyhounds: what's not to like?" Don't wait too long to book your hotel room. Things are filling up.

All proceeds go to greyhound adoption groups in NY and the mid-Atlantic states. We hope to see you there.

Edited by countrypaws

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have a decent amount of beer- and wine-themed collars for anyone wishing to pre-purchase with their desired width, size, and hardware choices. The deadline to order is 7/20. Some of these will be available at the event, but quantities are very, very limited.

:cheers

2442wy1.jpg

Wow, these are so cute! I'd just about decided that the girls have enough collars, and that I needed something for a change. :lol I'm so glad you'll be there! You'll have people stuff too, won't you?

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Wow, these are so cute! I'd just about decided that the girls have enough collars, and that I needed something for a change. :lol I'm so glad you'll be there! You'll have people stuff too, won't you?

Yes, absolutely. :) T-shirts, tanks, sweatshirts. New designs. We'll actually have two full vendor spaces this year.

we Joe,(i'm staying home w/ felix unless a major blast of canadian air arrives) and will be right next door! lots of new antiques and our most affordable works are going. most original work or prints of originals will be $25 and under. antiques- that's a different story!37006062_1936871746332132_8181793814185236961281_1935031129849527_77160904716252

I think most of them are. We have friends who go up in the Fall, and bring the Greys to lots of the wineries. You should just pick up the little Seneca Lake Wine Trail booklets. They list the wineries that participate in the Trail, and it tells if they are dog friendly or not. Even the places not listed are likely to be dog friendly. For instance, Pompous Ass isn't listed, but they are very dog friendly!

The Ebooklet came yesterday! I always love getting it and printing it out---it means Grapehounds is next week!

Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon

I do believe I am ready for Grapehounds. A houndstooth manicure is just the thing.

houndstooth manicure

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

:lol

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Are you there, Tricia? Do you think you'll get to any of the new wineries and brewery on Keuka? If so, tell me about them! You know I obsessively have to try all the new ones, but it is a bit of a drive to some.

Are you there, Tricia? Do you think you'll get to any of the new wineries and brewery on Keuka? If so, tell me about them! You know I obsessively have to try all the new ones, but it is a bit of a drive to some.

We are heading out today. Will let you know if we get to any of the new places early this week.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Looking to have a great lunch inside with your hounds? Try Scale House Brewing. We had terrific pizza, meatballs, and Caprese salad there. We were out of the rain with our hounds comfortably resting nearby INSIDE on their dog beds. They are so friendly and accommodating there! Highly recommend. It’s still raining quite a bit up here. Don’t forget your umbrellas, towels, and raincoats.

42902327404_131cafcb7a_z_d.jpg

42716032525_a0c69844cb_z_d.jpg

42716035905_5e7fd294d1_z_d.jpg

Do not miss the Vidal Blanc at JR Dill. They are so friendly and welcoming there. This is great place to buy a bottle or two and rest with your hounds inside or outside (weather permitting). :)

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Yes, we will definitely go back there! So nice to be inside with the dogs. That caprese salad looks awesome. And we loved their pizza. It's not too great as a leftover, though, so eat it all at once! Oh, and their peanut butter stout! So good!

We're leaving in a few minutes. Hope the rain goes away!

I think I'm ready. This evening, I made a "vat" of cole slaw (O.K., it's a vintage Pyrex bowl but it's the BIG bowl; will travel in a LARGE Tupperware container)

If you're interested, ahem, I can be bribed to share.

wine emoji

just sayin'
I'll be easy to find Friday night. I'll be the one with the greyhound. ;)

cole slaw

By the way, that's homegrown organic horseradish and homegrown organic chives. Might just be worth a glass of sweet red or Reisling, yes?

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound