The Grapehound Wine Tour® 2018

countrypaws

Nancy, we made it all the way up to Bottomless Brewing yesterday. The beer was wet. They do have very cool bathrooms in that place. Do not miss seeing the men’s room and the ladies room.

I think we’re headed to Keuka Lake to try out those new (to us) places.

The highlight of the day yesterday was Boundary Breaks. Their wines are fantastic. The people are so nice. They put up a dog park there with a three foot fence and poop station. We let our girls stretch their legs yesterday. Hopper, our terrier, was so happy to run. :)

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

There is a cafe with a covered deck at Hunt Country Vineyards. Great to know if you're looking to have a lunch stop with your hounds. It's over on Keuka.

Edited by 45MPHK9

Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Thats what we thought too. :( Very pretty place, though.

Five minutes up the road is Warhorse Brewing. They have a couple of nice IPAs. Wish we knew that earlier in the week. They have one called Lt. Dan which is pretty good. They are attached to Three Brothers Winery which was filled with one bridal party after another, though, so we will never do that on a Saturday again. Screechy young girls were everywhere. So annoying.

Edited by 45MPHK9

Holly Oaks Holly

OMG, the bridal parties were out in force! I have to say I hate them. I guess I'm getting old. We asked to taste in the last room at Hazlitt because they were scaring the dogs. But at Heron Hill there was a party of lovely ladies who were more interested in petting Laila than screaming.

Thanks for the tip about the cafe at Hunt Country. It was lovely!

And if anyone wants a great meal in a nice setting with friendly people, go to The Elf in the Oak, Only drawback is they are only open till 3.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

And if anyone wants a great meal in a nice setting with friendly people, go to The Elf in the Oak, Only drawback is they are only open till 3.

We heard a few people mention The Elf in the Oak this year. All of them said it was terrific. Haven’t been there yet. We had another fantastic meal at Hazelnut Kitchen in Trumansburg last night. I can’t say enough good things about that place.

We also discovered how beautiful Geneva is. We’ve never spent any time up there until this year. Looking forward to exploring their restaurants more next year.

Holly Oaks Holly

If anyone is ever interested in horseback riding, make a reservation at Painted Bar Stables in Burdett. A group of 8 of us Grapehounders went yesterday. Erika and her husband Dan were terrific. She did a great job of pairing riders with horses. We were supposed to ride for 1.5 hours, but wound up riding for 2 hours. Terrain was varied and adequately challenging. Loved it!

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

We had another fantastic meal at Hazelnut Kitchen in Trumansburg last night. I cant say enough good things about that place.

Ah! We ate two doors down at Little Venice.

Re: the bridal parties. Im afraid they are here to stay. Got jammed up with a bridal party at Lucky Hare in FEBRUARY. GTFOH.

Will have to try Warhorse next year. We did Lucky Hare (great), Bandwagon (okay) and Scalehouse (food>beer).

Edited by a_daerr

Ah! We ate two doors down at Little Venice.

We did Lucky Hare (great), Bandwagon (okay) and Scalehouse (food>beer).

Lucky Hare is great.

Never heard of Bandwagon.

So right on Scalehouse assessment. Their meatballs are so good. Their beer is ok.

Holly Oaks Holly

A thousand thank yous for the Scale House Brewery hounds-inside alert. It is so difficult to find a place for lunch that's not outside. I'm not a beer drinker but I tried the peanut butter stout. What a hoot! :cheers

I saw the bowl of meatballs on the menu. Should have gone with that.

Mercury says their floor was nice and cool

Scale House Brewery

As was the water at Taughannock Falls

Taughannock Falls '18 (2)

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound