Foley From Delaware

Guest satoroboto

Guest satoroboto

We welcomed Foley to the family on Wednesday. It has only been three days, but already Foley and our two cats are spending their afternoons snoozing away. We look forward to learning more and becoming a part of the Greytalk community!

38521204764_bf87ac4ae1_b.jpg

38521203344_0a35c41dd9_b.jpg

What a handsome dude! Welcome from Phoenix.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest satoroboto

He is a 3 1/2 year old boy, retired after breaking his back right leg. He is our first greyhound so we are learning all the ins and outs of martingale collars, the wide assortment of coats and everything else greyhound!

Foley looks and sounds adorable. "Foley" is the name of a type of catheter; you may start remembering this on late night pee trips. :)

already Foley and our two cats are spending their afternoons snoozing away

Doin' it right!

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Foley is beautiful!

And is that a Maine Coon I spy?? (I have a 1/2 Maine Coon - a doll!)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest satoroboto

Yes! We have two cats, one is part Maine Coon. So far they have all gotten along famously! Foley is great at laying around, but doesnt seem too interested in any toys or running around (we do walk him three times a day). It sounds like a non-interest in toys is fairly typical with greyhounds? We just want to make sure we are giving him the stimulation they need/want!

Congratulations - Foley is a beautiful boy.

Welcome from Andy, Paddy and Saoirse from Germany.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Foley is great at laying around, but doesnt seem too interested in any toys or running around (we do walk him three times a day). It sounds like a non-interest in toys is fairly typical with greyhounds?

He may not know what toys are. Some greys never care for them; others discover them at some point and then joyfully spend their time pouncing and disemboweling them. Try stuffed animals that make a noise. As for the laying around, besides being part of the general greyhound temperament, Foley may be using sleep as a stress-reducer in his brand new world.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like a non-interest in toys is fairly typical with greyhounds? We just want to make sure we are giving him the stimulation they need/want!

FWIW, it took our grey about 2-3 months to get comfortable enough to start playing with toys... Her foster parents told us she had no interest and we tried a few to confirm her indifference until one day when she just went crazy in the yard for a tennis ball my husband was holding. Even now it's sporadic, and doesn't usually last very long. Sometimes she likes to walk around the house with a stuffie in her mouth squeaking it as fast as she can, or tossing her tennis ball into the air and watching it bounce across the living room... My advice would be to get different types of toys to let him try out, and give him plenty of time to explore it on his own!

That aside, congratulations on your new addition and welcome from the Midwest!