Gallo Dropped Dead Today :(

Guest JudyJFLA

Guest JudyJFLA

Thank you for all the kind words and experiences with the same thing. The pillow was very wet this morning. It was a long night. My poor Old English Sheepdog Scooter who was never away from Gallo for more than a few hours is confused, waiting for her to go outside with him. I had to drag myself out today (in a different van) to get some mulch and a nice plant to fix up the area where she is buried. She is in a running position with all four feet together, along with her bone and a stuffed camel. She is still wearing her collar and tags so all the other dogs will know her name. I just keep bursting out in tears over this. I found a video that I had posted on Facebook from just 2 weeks ago of her and Scooter tearing all over the yard together. I guess it is just one of those things, but I will never forget the screaming sound at the end. That will haunt me forever.....

I am so sorry :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so very sorry. Our angel Jack passed away the same way but in our house after we got home and he was playing with his stuffy. A scream, a seizure and then he was gone in my arms at the young age of 8.5. It is terribly heartbreaking and will take time to heal as the moment will be revived again and again in your mind. In time the pain will subside and you smile again at all the good times with your girl. Hang in there.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

This happened to an Italian Greyhound that I knew, he went racing off down the garden one evening, his owner heard a scream and when she went down the garden in the dark she found him dead.

Although it is especially hard right now as you are suffering from the sudden shock of what happened as well as her loss, given time you will be able to remember her with love and a smile, and yes, it sounds harsh but I think the vet was right, it becomes a consolation that she will never suffer the indignities of age and illness and the decision that we hate to make was made for you. She had a great last day and was happy to be doing what she loved with the person she loved and who loved her, what more can a houndie ask for?

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

I'm so sorry....what a sad way to welcome you to greytalk. Just know that our hearts are with you.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I'm so sorry, my boy had been very ill, but he had recovered, and then I had a similar experience--sudden, unexplained crisis and a rush to the vet. I'm so sorry, I know it's very hard, try to be gentle with yourself and find some special stuff to do with Scooter, it may help you both.

When you're ready, we have a remembrance section here, and we would love to hear more about your beloved friend.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I am so sorry for your loss. :-( How shocking to lose her that way.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest JudyJFLA

Thank you all for the kind words. Tracey, your gif has the perfect quote that a lady always knows when to leave. Gallo went out like a true greyhound, starting to run.

I have to ask how all of you made the great memorial and current dog collages on your posts... I think they are all wonderful.

Edited by JudyJFLA

Omg, how awful. :cry1 I am so terribly sorry :weep You must be out of your mind with shock and grief. :grouphug :grouphug :f_white

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

My heart is breaking for you. :weep My deepest sympathy. Sudden loss like that is as you said-it just rips your heart out. My soul mate who is at the bridge taught me that when it is their time to cross over there is nothing anyone can do to prevent it. If it doesn't happen one way then it would be another. They know and it seems they usually pick 'the way' that they think will be least painful for us. I am sure you will find that while she is no longer here in body she is forever with you- she is spirit and although her body died she is OK. Be open minded and she may send you another sign. The FB 'memory' may well be a sign to you that she made it to the other side and is well and she doesn't want you to hurt.

:f_red:f_pink :f_pink :f_red:grouphug