Meet Luna (And Lou) :)

Hi Everyone

I've already made a couple of posts and some of the advice and support has been great. I'm so happy I found this site, whoever created it is an angel and thank you to everyone who contributes.

I'm Lou from Glasgow, Scotland and my Greyhound Luna is a 4 y.o female. She's my sunshine (even though her name means Moon lol). We've only been together two weeks today and already I'm absolutely in love with her. She's my baby. It feels like we've been together for years! I feel so happy to have earned her trust and love already and I continue to look forward to her growing and coming out of her shell more and more.

Since I'm a doting mother now I really wanted to share her with the other Grey lovers here. Sorry for all the photos, it was hard to cut it down to this amount as it is haha.

Here she is giving me her side and front profile 😊

_20170213_192304_zpscafrbqjl.jpg

_20170213_192342_zpsilpzkuza.jpg

_20170213_191849_zpsvbmcr7ou.jpg

Rocking her 80s style raincoat

_20170213_192729_zpsdfm25jpl.jpg

More interested in what's going on outside than the rugby

_20170213_193537_zps0jzpunwx.jpg

Even a full length curtain won't deter her from using my pillows as a bed

DSC_1225_zps50oxnxtb.jpg_20170213_192520_zpse4rhsomi.jpg

Edited by TheRiverClyde

she is lovely! congrats! :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest LazyBlaze

Ooft, she's a beauty! Cracking raincoat too, what a lucky girl. I see she has found all the comfy spots :bgeorge .

Do you know what her racing name was? After a bit of tracking we found out that Blaze's was Shedfield Prince (sire: Droopys Maldini x dam: Four Spades); he came from Ireland. Loads of the blues here and in Ireland come from the Droopys breeders so there's a fair chance she may be a cousin or relative of Blaze's, he's a blue too.

Thanks very much for all the warm welcomes, I definitely need to agree that she's a beauty 😁

LazyBlaze - Her racing name was Bramble Dusty and she's Irish too, I've had a look at her info but I find it quite hard to understand it all still. Maybe you can take a look and see if you recognise any names. That would be excellent if they were related!

Guest LazyBlaze

Thanks very much for all the warm welcomes, I definitely need to agree that she's a beauty

LazyBlaze - Her racing name was Bramble Dusty and she's Irish too, I've had a look at her info but I find it quite hard to understand it all still. Maybe you can take a look and see if you recognise any names. That would be excellent if they were related!

Just had a quick look: they are related but further back in the lines than I thought they might be (I had thought they might share a 'Droopys' Father/Uncle/Grandfather, but they don't). They both have Top Honcho and Larkhill Jo in their lines (Top Honcho is grandsire to Luna and great-grandsire to Blaze, Larkhill Jo is great-grandsire to both). Blaze has a slightly longer nose than Luna does, but otherwise they are facially alike, especially across the eyes. I have forgotten how to attach photos but if I work it out I will!

Just had a quick look: they are related but further back in the lines than I thought they might be (I had thought they might share a 'Droopys' Father/Uncle/Grandfather, but they don't). They both have Top Honcho and Larkhill Jo in their lines (Top Honcho is grandsire to Luna and great-grandsire to Blaze, Larkhill Jo is great-grandsire to both). Blaze has a slightly longer nose than Luna does, but otherwise they are facially alike, especially across the eyes. I have forgotten how to attach photos but if I work it out I will!

Wow, that's really interesting. Especially as we both live in Glasgow. I just had a look at my old Grey, Lola's details and she had a grandsire (I think I've used the correct term) called Droopys Fiona. And a few relations further back too.

So I've just realised Luna and my old Lola have some relations too. Far back relations but it still almost made me burst into tears (of mostly joy) none the less. My dear Lola passed in 2015, and it still breaks my heart to think of her. So it was nice hearing about all the relations no matter how distant.

I'd love to see a pic of Blaze, I'll likely end up thinking him and Luna are the spitting image!

Edited by TheRiverClyde

Guest LazyBlaze

Wow, that's really interesting. Especially as we both live in Glasgow. I just had a look at my old Grey, Lola's details and she had a grandsire (I think I've used the correct term) called Droopys Fiona. And a few relations further back too.

So I've just realised Luna and my old Lola have some relations too. Far back relations but it still almost made me burst into tears (of mostly joy) none the less. My dear Lola passed in 2015, and it still breaks my heart to think of her. So it was nice hearing about all the relations no matter how distant.

I'd love to see a pic of Blaze, I'll likely end up thinking him and Luna are the spitting image!

Ah, that is a lovely connection to make between your old girl and your new :beatheart . I would be delighted by that too.

Yes, they are fairly incestuous these houndies! Most of them are related in some way or another when you look through the lines. Blaze has met a few half-brothers and uncles in Glasgow (he has thousands!).

Here he is, the handsome boy (hope this works):

3hJbFL.jpg

Luna is beautiful. I look forward to many more pics and stories. And welcome!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

This lovely Luna must be once in a blue moon. :) Welcome!

LazyBlaze -- my computer may just not be liking GreyTalk today, but I can't see your pic.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter