Fth Sweet Talker, Aka The Majestic Pippin

Pippin

They certainly don't live long enough and the years go by so very quickly. So sorry for your loss of Pippin. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.

Run free Pippin, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Mary, I too remember those early days when Pippin came into your life. He was such a special boy. Your remembrance is beautiful and very moving. My heart goes out to you.

Rest well sweet Pippin.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm so very sorry Pippin had to leave you... too early.

I'm one of the ones who watched those pups from when they were born - loved ALL the Banjo Boys...

Many hugs... :weepf_yellow

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Thank you, everyone.

Pippin was a "velcro dog" -- if he wasn't in the same room with me, it bothered him. It drove me crazy at first, until I realized that he thought his job was to protect me, to watch over me, and he couldn't do that properly from a different room. So I had dog beds all over my house, in every room except the kitchen (he wasn't allowed in the kitchen - it was too small for both of us to be there at the same time) and on the back porch, so he could be comfortable while he watched me.

Some of you knew and loved my boy as much as I did, and yesterday's news was both shocking and unexpected. I'm sorry for that. But it was shocking and unexpected for me, as well. I knew he was getting older, that stairs were becoming difficult for him (but I only have a couple stairs at my house, so that wasn't a big deal for us), and that he didn't have as much spring in his back legs as he did 8 years ago. I figured his age was catching up with him, and maybe arthritis.

But I had no idea he had cancer until earlier this week, and then it was just a suspicion.

I've been away on a business trip for the last 2 weeks, and my dog-sitter emailed me last Monday, concerned because Pip would no longer handle the stairs at her house without help. He handled them just fine when I dog-sat for her in October, so this was odd, but we'd had lots of rain lately, so maybe it was arthritis.

Later in the week, she told me that he had some swelling around his knee, weakness in his back end, and was slightly dragging one foot. I made an appt with my vet for yesterday, which was the soonest we could get there. But all day Thurs, and all day Fri, one word kept echoing in my mind, and I used part of those days to ponder what I would do if it wasn't arthritis, and was the evil "C-word" instead. I didn't post my fears/concerns on any social media, because I didn't really need advice about it. I just needed to wrestle with possible realities and consider options, all the while remembering the promise I make to each dog I bring into my home.

I decided that if it really *was* osteo, I would let him go. When I picked him up from his "vacation home," and saw his knee, I was pretty sure what Doc was going to say. And she did, although of course we did x-rays to confirm it. So I called my dog-sitter, and she brought little Sandy to the vet's office to say goodbye to Pippin, and she & I and Doc sat on the floor with him sharing memories of him, and all the other greys we have known and loved over the years.

Little Sandy (a shelter pup I rescued 2 years ago) is staying close to me, a worried look on her face occasionally, but mostly being her usual playful self. We've snuggled more than usual, yesterday and today. I moved Pippin's night-time bed into the office for her, and she's finally decided to claim it for her own.

I hope it comforts her. I know she misses him as much as I do.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry cancer stole your precious boy from you way too soon. How you loved him, and he knew it.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so very sorry :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so very sorry. Pippin lived an EXTRA-Ordinary life.

Godspeed, Pippin, find your Corner.

I don't know that I ever connected him with that musical (he was named for LOTR), but that's a perfect song.

Thank you, EVERYONE, for the kind words, thoughts, hugs, etc.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)