Our Many Faces Of Osteo And Canine Cancer

rycezmom

• 1 month later...
Guest AvaRoxyMia

Lost our beautiful Ava (Freeride Sharp) not a month after her 8th birthday in August to osteo in her left leg. Cry everyday still missing her, wishing she was here. She was our first greyhound and the pain is almost unbearable at times. We wish we could've done more, but the monster beat us before we could beat it. I don't feel so alone in my feelings on this website, some people just don't understand.

Edited by AvaRoxyMia

My Wylie, lost to osteo on Dec. 26, 2014 at age 11. He had a good 6 months post diagnosis and we miss him soooo much :heart

DSC01542.jpg

Edited by JenniferS

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

My sweet Sara, 4/13/12, Hemangio Sarcoma,inoperable tumor in her spine between 2 disks and already in her lungs, almost 11 years old, this picture was taken in 2009, 2 years post GME diagnosis and after a year of chemo treatment, she was a fighter and insisted on enjoying life, she lived 5 years past GME, almost unheard of, still miss her :weep

DSC01378.jpg

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

• 1 month later...

Dear sweet Kipper, the sweetest, kindest, silliest, shyest hound I ever knew, lost to osteosarcoma of the hip joint on Sept 23, 2015 at only 9 years old.

Far, far too soon.

Kip pounce

Kip play

Kip Ft Rob

Kip beach smile

Kip desert

gallery_17468_3098_7486.jpg
Dash (Mega Batboy), & forever missing Kipper (RD's Kiper, 2006-2015) & Souldog Dune (Pazzo Otis, 1994-2008)
"..cherish him and give him place with yourself for the rest of his but too short life. It is his one drawback. He should live as long as his owner."
James Matheson, The Greyhound: Breeding, Coursing, Racing, etc., 1929