Dood Had A Rough Day

He had a dental today, 4 teeth pulled. One was expected as it was abscessed and that was the reason for the dental. He had a rough time waking up and panicked. Before the could get to him he hit his head, bit his tongue and bruised his lower lip. Vet was very sorry, they told me about it when they called to let me know when he could be picked up. They noted it on his record for the future.

Here is his swollen lip

IMG_0325_zpsoehy4ayl.jpg

Here is the poor boy

IMG_0327_zpsrxbc3b78.jpg

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

Dr. Rocket prescribes lots of ice cream to get the swelling down.

Feel better soon, Dood.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Aw, poor bug. Hope he is feeling much better today.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor Dood! I really wish they would dedicate somebody to stay with the dog until they are awake and aware of their surroundings. My old man dislocated his hip thrashing around in the cage after anasthesia and because of other complications he could not be put back under to fix the hip and he was euthanized. I was also present in the waiting room when another of my boys was put under to stich a bite on his head. I suddenly heard massive greyhound screams of death and ran right back to the surgery area to find him splayed out in the cage with the back legs totally spread eagle and he was screaming in pain! this was about a month after the other incident so needless to say I went hysterical! Luckily he ended up O.K. but now I am so terrified to put my dog under! All of these incidents could have been prevented if somebody sat with them while they came to. Hope Dood feels better soon!

Dood is feeling better today. He did his supper dance which is a good sign. He ate all his supper (canned food and soaked kibble), mooched some pasta from DH. He still has some swelling in his lip, but it has gone down.

No ice cream, but he did get some yogurt last night.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>