How Your Dog Ran At The Track

dmdsmoxie

I didn't think Wheeling would still have 2012 replays, but they do. It is the oldest year they still have available so it might be gone next year. So look at the Trackinfo link and on the left you will see the date the race was run. So three races down, the race she won, she ran on 8/4/2012 and the E6 means evening card race 6.

Remember the date and race and click this link. I don't know why, but that link doesn't work if you click on it, but it should if you copy and paste it.

http://www.wheelingisland.com/Greyhound-Racing.aspx

Then on the page that comes up click replays.

You can change the month and year by clicking on them so go to 2012 and August is already the month showing.

Then the dates will come up so click the 4th.

The top numbers are usually the evening card and the bottom number the afternoon, so click the 6 on the top set of numbers and you should get the 5th race for the evening card and she was the 4. I would go to full screen to see the the dogs easier.

So you should be able to see any race she ran in 2012.

I'm thinking trackinfo isn't a glitch, but the didn't archive the races from that far back.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick, can you please provide your opinions regarding Nitro Si.

thanks

Jan

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Dick you went above and beyond, I didn't need to see her race that badly. I greatly appreciate you digging up those clips, that was pretty awesome. I just figured the trackinfo didn't archive back that far but wanted to make sure it wasn't user error since there was an actual replay link to select.

Dick you went above and beyond, I didn't need to see her race that badly. I greatly appreciate you digging up those clips, that was pretty awesome. I just figured the trackinfo didn't archive back that far but wanted to make sure it wasn't user error since there was an actual replay link to select.

Glad I could help.

Dick, can you please provide your opinions regarding Nitro Si.

thanks

Jan

Jan,

Nitro Si ran 39 races between Wheeling and Sanford Orlando. Starting at Wheeling he won his first M race and that would be the only race he would win. He showed no early speed and no rush to the turn and that is always bad, but Wheeling is a track you MUST be in the top three to the turn to have a chance to win. The other thing that didn't bode well for Nitro Si is he also showed no closing speed. It he was 6th to the turn he usually finished one position up or down from 6th. So he was moved to Sanford Orlando. That is quite a drop going from one of the best tracks to a low end track.

He didn't do much better at SO, not breaking most times and not closing. He was only in the money 10 times in those 39 races with one win and two seconds so one the couch is where he should be.

They must have seen a lot out of him at the finishing farm to start him off at Wheeling, but running with 8 dogs is a lot different than running two or three at the farm.

Guest zombrie

We adopted Gunnah and we are going to bring him home next week. I understand he ran over 200 races at Derby Lane.

Thanks.

Off topic, but I had Gunnah's littermates at Palm Beach and my mom adopted his brother, Mr. Boombastic :) Awesome awesome awesome litter. Always tried hard and fantastic kennel dogs. My personal favorite dogs out of all the dogs I've had.... also the hardest to pet out.

Guest gryhnd3

Could you provide insight on Bella Padishaw's career? We know he ended his racing career by injury/break to his leg. He raced at Birmingham. Thanks!

I'm not sure if someone told you or you assumed by the name of the track that your boy raced at B'ham, but he was never at B'ham. In fact the track he raced at, Southland, is the best track in the country and B'ham would be a low end track.

Bella Padishaw ran 61 races and he had no early speed coming out of the box 6th, 7th and 8th many times. However, as long as he didn't get in trouble at the turn he would close. Once around the turn clean he could close from any position to be in the money and even win.

At Southland their sprint course is longer than most at 583 yards and that worked to his advantage, but it didn't take to long before they put him in the longer 660 yard course. Going longer doesn't always mean a closing sprinter will like the extra yardage, but your pup had no problem with it. However, in the 660 you start on the turn and he was still getting in trouble and after a few races the gave him more distance in the 703 yard course.

He loved the extra distance working his way from C to B to A and even winning a couple of A races to run in AA. He was a little over his head in AA, but would drop back to A after a few races.

He was in the money 37 of his 61 races which is very good.

We've had our sweet mellow guy for just over 3 months now. Hilco Koolin is now Lucas at our house - or "Puppy!" cuz he's so darned cute and affectionate. I've looked up some of his race info - I know he came in 1st in 11 races. What I'm really wondering is whether he was retired due to an injury. We're trying to pin down the cause of an intermittent limp. We feel incredibly lucky he chose us as his family and we'd love to learn as much as possible about his earliest years. He's a very young retiree at just over 3.5.

Thanks so much for sharing this fascinating info. I've been a :unkn on GT for years and have always read your posts with greyt interest.

Edited by GreytOwl

Just FYI: not all his races are on G-D and he actually ran 75 races and won 12. As far as an injury he has no major breaks in his lines and actually he has no breaks at all except for when he moved from track to track, which is normal.

The only thing I see on trackinfo that doesn't show up on G-D is after what looks like his last race on G-D he was moved to Mardi Gras where he schooled three times. None of those three schoolers did he do anything and between the second and third there is just under a month' layoff. Maybe he picked up an injury during the second race, but that is just a guess. Maybe they wanted to morning school hum a few more times before trying him again.

I, or someone, can add your name and put something in the comment section and add pictures if you want just post them here.

3.5 isn't young for a racer to be retired. It isn't old for one either, I would guess it is somewhere near average.

Dick

Guest gryhnd3

I'm not sure if someone told you or you assumed by the name of the track that your boy raced at B'ham, but he was never at B'ham. In fact the track he raced at, Southland, is the best track in the country and B'ham would be a low end track.

Bella Padishaw ran 61 races and he had no early speed coming out of the box 6th, 7th and 8th many times. However, as long as he didn't get in trouble at the turn he would close. Once around the turn clean he could close from any position to be in the money and even win.

At Southland their sprint course is longer than most at 583 yards and that worked to his advantage, but it didn't take to long before they put him in the longer 660 yard course. Going longer doesn't always mean a closing sprinter will like the extra yardage, but your pup had no problem with it. However, in the 660 you start on the turn and he was still getting in trouble and after a few races the gave him more distance in the 703 yard course.

He loved the extra distance working his way from C to B to A and even winning a couple of A races to run in AA. He was a little over his head in AA, but would drop back to A after a few races.

He was in the money 37 of his 61 races which is very good.

Yes, I did see B'ham on a website, but later I remembered that he did come from Southland. Our adoption group generally gets the boys from there. Out of our three retired racers, Padishaw seems the fastest running in our yard, and he will generally run every day, so it's clear he enjoys it. Thanks so much for the information.

Thank you so much, Dick! Great info! I was worried about an injury that may have had lasting effects. The only thing he races to here is his breakfast or his supper or the occasional squirrel that dares to skate across the fence in his backyard. You've given me some things to look up - I didn't know about "schooling". I couldn't find any video of his races on G-D. We are very proud to have him - he's a dream come true for us.

Again, many thanks. This thread is fascinating!

This is his trackinfo page

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=Hilco+Koolin&x=8&y=5&by=dogname

What you want to look at is the bold numbers. The first number you see in bold is a 4 and that is the box she is in. Then you see 2, 7, 6 and that is where she is at at different points in the race and not real important to you. However, the next numbers you see are 6 9.5 That means she finished 6th and was 9.5 lengths behind the winner. If you go down to the 3rd race you will see 1 .5. That means she won the race and was 1/2 length ahead of the second place dog.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it too late to find out how our new boy did? I think he did rather poorly, but can't really remember what they told us - we saw 5-6 dogs and that was not important information for us at the time.

He was called KNC Captainkeith and his number was 56748.

Thanks.

Is it too late to find out how our new boy did? I think he did rather poorly, but can't really remember what they told us - we saw 5-6 dogs and that was not important information for us at the time.

He was called KNC Captainkeith and his number was 56748.

Thanks.

KNC Captainkeith ran 8 races all at Birmingham and like you thought he was a poor racer. He had no early speed and he had no late speed. What he did have speed for was your couch. He was 7th or 8th in seven of those races and 5th once.

I'm sure he will be a great pet.

Dick

I just got my first Greyhound, and have been trying to find info like this! Her name is JJ Eager Eliza (although she goes by Pepper, now). I'm not sure if you need a birthday or not, but hers is 9/7/2013. I did find one video of her racing, but know very little about it--I had retired racehorses for several years before she came into my life (and before she was even born), but I really don't know heads or tales about the actual racing for Greyhounds. Any info/insight you have would be greatly appreciated!

I just got my first Greyhound, and have been trying to find info like this! Her name is JJ Eager Eliza (although she goes by Pepper, now). I'm not sure if you need a birthday or not, but hers is 9/7/2013. I did find one video of her racing, but know very little about it--I had retired racehorses for several years before she came into my life (and before she was even born), but I really don't know heads or tales about the actual racing for Greyhounds. Any info/insight you have would be greatly appreciated!

JJ's Eager Eliza ran 30 races between Mardi Gras and Palm Beach with most of them at PB. She was a dog that needed to be on top at the turn to have any chance to win. She had good, but not great early speed so a number of her races she was 1st, 2nd or 3rd to the turn, but like I said, she needed to be on top. If she made the top holding the lead to the top of stretch was no problem, but she would tire in the stretch and sometimes get caught and other times would hold on.

If you go here

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=JJ%27s+Eager+Eliza&x=4&y=9&by=exact

you can see replays of her races.

What are important for you are the bold numbers. The first bold number is the box she is in. The ones after her box are where she was at different points in the race and I wouldn't worry about them. If you look at the last bold numbers you will see that is the time she ran. The numbers to the left of the time are the next important ones for you as that is where she finished and how many lengths she was behind the leader or if she won the race how far she was in front of the 2nd place dog.

So the top race on page 1 shows she was in the 7 box,her time was 31.57 and she was 8th 20.5 lengths behind the winner. There is no replay because that is a schooling race.

If you ever have to type her name into Trackinfo make sure to use her correct prefix or it won't come up. JJ's is what you have to use.

If you want me, or someone, to add your name as the adopted owner and want to put a little comment on her page just put that information on here and one of us will add it. Some people just put Pepper is now living in, name a city and state or just a state, with xxxx and is enjoying retirement. You can put whatever you want and there is already one picture on her G-D page and we can add two more or we can delete the existing picture and add up to three.

Dick

• 3 weeks later...

Counselor Jimmy ran 109 races between Bluffs Run, Mardi Gras, Naples Flagler and Palm Beach. The vast majority of these races were run at BR which was probably our 2nd best track.

Counselor Jimmy was a dog that needed to be on top at the turn to win. He had really good early speed and was able to make the top many times as his 26 wins would indicate. He spent most of his career in grade A dropping to B once in a while, but winning pretty quickly and going right back to A.

Even if he wasn't on top he would run hard and if he was 2nd or 3rd to the turn he would usually end up 2nd or 3rd.

He was in the money a very nice 66 out of 109 races.

I, or a few others on GT, can add your name as the adopted owner to his G-D page and we can also add pictures. We can put up to three pictures on his page. If you would like to do this just post the pictures here or just post your name if you only want to do that.

We can also add some text to the comment section if you want. Some people just put Counselor Jimmy is now names xxxx and living Wichita Kansas, but you can put anything you want.

Dick

Dick, I'm curious your thoughts about this dog, or if you've heard any buzz about him amongst the racing people. Check out his track record: Now You See Me

He's either peaking early or he's about to be a champion, I think. This is the dog that I sort of fell in love with in Wheeling in August. At that time he ran his last maiden race, which I got to see. He's gorgeous, tall and lanky and strong. My Capri has a bell curve track record that looked almost like this in her early career but Now You See Me is even more consistently upward through the grades than she was.

Edited by jetcitywoman

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

What I like is he made a slow progression to AA. While 11 races is still pretty fast he still had some adversity and didn't lose his confidence when he ran poorly. He needs to be 1st or 2nd, maybe 1st in AA, to the turn to win. We'll see how he does breaking against the best at Wheeling. Many times dogs like this will do poorly the first time they get to top grade. They might go 3 and out and be back in A. Then they win A again in a race or two and are back in AA and they well the second time around. Experience means a lot.

It will be interesting to see how he does the next time or two in AA, but his future is bright.

Cool, thanks! He does seem pretty steady, but we'll see how he does. I'm having a good time stalking him through Trackinfo. :colgate

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

I'm hoping one of you can help me. My sweet old man Carl, aka Bella Monsoon, passed away Monday 9/19/2016. I tried to update his info on Greyhound Data like I did for Gracie , Cee Bar Xtreme, but I can't without being a financial member. I would really appreciate it if one of you could do that for me.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014