New Pointy Nosed Family Member.

kronckew

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yay :yay :yay

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Great news! :confetti I hope you'll post lots of pictures on a regular basis.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

BTW, I no longer live with a greyhound, either. I post photos of him wherever I want :lol

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

poppy telling her lurcher friend megan that she has a new daddyperson coming to get her soon

as she gets back from being 'tutored' at the vets.

poppyampmegan.jpg

Poppy the poster girl.

Poppy.jpg

ran into the housing officers yesterday, they told me jokingly that after i sent them poppy's photo

they couldn't refuse me. laughingly called it emotional blackmail. i of course told them tongue

in cheek that was the furthest thing from my mind. :) it of course was exactly why i sent it.

they told me i'm the first to be approved under their new pet plan & want to use me and poppy in a story in their monthly

news paper.

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

all settled. she's being spayed on monday, postop check thu. morning. gotcha day is thursday jan. 16th after the vet check.

i'm off this morning to the petsmart to load up on toys, chewies, etc.! i will of course post pictures of her arrival at her forever home.

her foster mum says she'll miss her, but she was starting to boss the other 5 doggies around, not aggressively tho.

she prefers people to other dogs. they are getting another to look after on thursday, a pup with a bad leg (recovering

after the vet fixed it). they suspect it was dumped by a traveller (gypsy) family, who apparently routinely will dump

unwanted pups and damage their legs so they don't follow them back.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

Hope all goes well with her spay! Can't wait to see more pictures -- she is adorable.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

all settled. she's being spayed on monday, postop check thu. morning. gotcha day is thursday jan. 16th after the vet check.

i'm off this morning to the petsmart to load up on toys, chewies, etc.! i will of course post pictures of her arrival at her forever home.

her foster mum says she'll miss her, but she was starting to boss the other 5 doggies around, not aggressively tho.

she prefers people to other dogs. they are getting another to look after on thursday, a pup with a bad leg (recovering

after the vet fixed it). they suspect it was dumped by a traveller (gypsy) family, who apparently routinely will dump

unwanted pups and damage their legs so they don't follow them back.

Yeah, I've heard that about traveller dogs too. I have a friend with a traveller's dog from Ireland... a lurcher: grey/collie cross - she's a great dog with a great name! Puddin'

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

she's now recovering from her spay at her fosters. count-down to gotcha day on thursday in progress.

i am not excited. much. OK, a lot!

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

well, 2.5 hrs there, 3 back (weather is horrible on the M4 motorway)

her first nap after arriving as i answered my emails.

Poppys1stnap.jpg

on the futon in the living room.

she'd not been allowed on the human bed at her foster's, but i like sharing. i called her into the bedroom & helped her up, initially reluctant as id she 'knew' it wasn't allowed before.

after being up there i scritched her ears and scratched her chin till she flopped down beside me, she then got all excited, gave me a big face wash then kissy-licked my hands for a while before

scrunching up behind my knees. i think she likes me.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

i think she's gonna start relaxing soon....

roach.jpg

took her a whole five hours before she 'roached'

while she was exposing her assets, i noted she has a spay tattoo!

does this make her a greyhound?

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

Ah! I came looking to see if she was home, and she IS! Congratulations to both of you! Hope there will be many more pictures -- she is an exceptionally pretty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 3 weeks later...

new couch arrived to replace the tatty futon. she's breaking it in. action sequence:

Poppy_2014-02-08_20-36-18.jpg

sleeping roach. ZZZZZ...

Poppy_2014-02-08_20-36-36.jpg

what's that flashy thing?

Poppy_2014-02-08_20-36-48.jpg

oh, it's just daddy, ZZZZZZ...

more firsts this week.

the joys of a pre-programmed dog:

the sun finally came out and it stopped raining, so we went to play fetch in the enclosed courtyard. as poppy's just leaving puppyhood, i assumed i'd have to teach her 'fetch'.

wrong.

threw her tennis ball, she chased & caught it on the hop. ran three fast & furious circuits of the garden, and came back to me and dropped the ball, went into a sit, and looked expectantly at me and the ball. picked it up threw again, same result. she's pre-programmed. she finally after about 10 times, got a bit tired, skidded on a wet patch on her hip & decided it was enough & laid down to rest.

neighbour, anne had watched us from her bay window, anne picked up her lhasa apso, tillie, and told her to watch and learn. tillie fetches indoors but that did not translate to outdoors, where she ignores the ball. anne & tillie went out after we got in. poppy jumped up on the coffee table in our bay window to watch quietly. tillie again ignored anne throwing her ball. she was on a long leash.

i opened the window and talked to anne about it for a bit. tillie needs more work. anne can't let her off leash in the garden either, last time she did it took 3 people two hours to catch her. not just zero recall, negative recall. again only outside, apparently.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke