Stewie Is Limping

Just received a call from Lynn that our boy is limping all of a sudden. I'm travelling and don't know what may or may not have happened but he is going in for x-rays in half an hour as we are taking no chances. We are dearly hoping it's nothing and would appreciate good thoughts that it is not anything serious and that he only sprained something on the ice.

Thanks.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:hope that it's just a soft tissue injury or something simple

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Hoping it turns out to be nothing!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Sending many prayers that it's nothing....please...please...please...

:hope :hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Tons of positive thoughts for Stewie and your family. Hopefully he's just played too hard and pulled or strained something.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest Downtownhoundz

My Bunny did that a month or so back, come to find out he had a crack in his nail that was at the quick. I hope it's something really simple! Keep us posted!

We got the x-rays and they do not show anything based on initial review. Our vet is going to have all 4 vets review them to make sure and also has a radiologist he can send them to however he does not see anything on the films to indicate the worst, Osteo. We are greatly relieved however we are also still hesitant as this is so similar to how Charlie displayed symptoms albeit his films showed Osteo. It was eerily similar as I was travelling back home from Virginia Beach when Charlie was diagnosed and today I am in Santa Barbara on business so of course Lynn had to handle this herself while I sat in my hotel room feeling sick to my stomach. A limping Grey now has us to on edge that we will spend the extra money for films just to make sure. It seems like he may have just sprained it has tere is a lot ice in the backyard and there is some swelling around his wrist(?). So the news is good right now, thank you all so much for the good thoughts.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Big sigh of relief here. Ace and Fritz BOTH were limping at the same time. I took Ace in for X-rays and its nothing, her neck was bugging her after she slid in the muddy yard and acupuncture and chiropractic did the trick.

Fritz has recurring issues with his neck and needs an adjustment every so often or he will limp. I had him adjusted the other day and he's good now too :)

Edited by krissn333

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

He was probably just messing with you since you went "travelling" without him! Glad it was good news!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

So glad they didn't see anything obvious. Hopefully he just stepped wrong or something and will be back to normal soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

That's good news! Treasure was also xrayed yesterday with normal results. Hopefully we're starting a trend :goodluck

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest larock

That's good news. We came home to a limping dog a few weeks ago. Silly fool somehow broke his index toe while horsing around in the house. He didn't use that foot at all for over a week.

I hope it's something that will resolve itself quickly.

Still sending good thoughts.

Edited by larock