Osteo Thread Part Vi

Wow, the bruising is MUCH better today!

Go Lana! :yay

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She had surgery and debridement yesterday (they switched her to a tie on bandage) and will want to see her every day to change it. Once there is some healthy tissue again we'll be able to stop that but there's a chance she'll have to have surgery again to properly close the incision again.

On the upside, she seems completely oblivious to most of this and is getting more and more back to her old self every day.

Glad to hear Python is tolerating everything well. Hope her incision closes on its own!

Wow, the bruising is MUCH better today!

Go Lana! :yay

Thanks, Kristin! :)

katie had her first chemo today and had her staples removed. nothing remarkable happened, so that's good. she's asleep at the moment.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

We just got back from euthanizing Symbra.

We are camping in the Adirondacks this week; I will write a proper rememberance post when we get back home.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Oh no, I am so very sorry to read of Symbra's passing. I was thinking of her the other day and thought she must be doing so well as I had not read anything recently. I believe she made it close to 17mths after dx, what a brave warrior and am sure they were all very happy months. I hate when we lose one our brave pups battling this disease.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Deanna.

Godspeed, Symbra.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Deanna, I'm so sorry :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

So sorry for your loss of Symbra. I had been hoping no news was good news, but obviously not. :grouphug

Also

:yay for Katie!

How's everyone else doing today??

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Lana's doing well today. The vet prescribed Xanax for her nighttime anxiety, and last night she slept through the night! She still has some bruising, but it's getting much better. Yesterday she so wanted to go to her favorite nearby hill, but the heat was just too much. She hasn't pooped yet, so we're still waiting for that. :unsure

20130712_0004-Edit-2-M.jpg

she's good about leaving it alone...most of the time.

i'm sorry to learn of symbra's passing.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Lana's doing well today. The vet prescribed Xanax for her nighttime anxiety, and last night she slept through the night! She still has some bruising, but it's getting much better. Yesterday she so wanted to go to her favorite nearby hill, but the heat was just too much. She hasn't pooped yet, so we're still waiting for that. :unsure

Ask and you shall receive: Lana just had her first post-surgery poop! It was pretty liquid, but I guess that's to be expected since she's on antibiotics.

Steve, that pic of Katie with the caption is so funny! Love it :)

Lana :yay

Guest bozicj

Python is doing well. Still daily bandage changes with the surgeon but she wasn't trying to lick her incision all day yesterday and she let me sleep last night so that's an improvement in my mind!

We also finished up her course of aminocaproic acid yesterday. Her bruising/edema has been pretty non-existent for the past couple days so woo-hoo on that front as well.

Guest fastcasper

I'm glad to read that Katie and Lana are coming along nicely.

Casper is 1 week post chemo treatment. He went for CBC check today and the numbers look good. He lost some weight but I guess that is to be expected. They gave him some appetite stimulant meds to boost his eating. He is doing much better (no pain at night anymore, and is more active). Fingers crossed he starts to eat better!!

Also, my oncologist recommended I get a ramp for Casper to help exit my SUV. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions on this topic and ramps?? Should he use one to get off my bed too? I have been lifting him off in the morning (well, right now, I'm lifting him on the bed too), it's a pretty high bed.

Thanks all,

Kim

I have two types of ramps, a folding one that's all plastic and a sliding one that had carpeting for traction.

So far I have found the sliding one more preferred by greys that used it. It is heavier than the folding one, but you do have a little more leverage as far as length. The folding one opens to one size only, the sliding one you can get away with not opening it as much. The dogs also preferred the carpet.

I used the sliding one to bring with me in the SUV when I took the dogs out. But when I was at home I used my homemade ramp the most. It is not portable but is wider and has a thick carpet on it. And I always made the dogs use the home ramp when home to get in and out. Makes it easier when they "need" to use it instead of trying to train them then.

Keep in mind that amputees will burn more calories moving around in a different way too, so, even if they're being good eaters, they might lose weight and need to have their intake increased a little.