Zuki

Guest grey_dreams

Guest grey_dreams

You cannot say to the sun “More sun”

Or to the rain “Less rain”

Your life started very differently. The night you were born, something terrible happened to your mother. You survived. You lived in a concrete shed, you were used. You survived. You were one of the lucky ones. You were rescued and taken to Scooby.

The first time I saw your photo I knew. I knew that you were the one I had been looking and waiting for. The adoption group didn’t want me to choose you. Luckily, fate intervened for both of us.

Do you remember when we first met? After you made the journey from Spain to Netherlands? You were the most beautiful creature I ever saw. You were afraid and didn’t want anyone to come close. But when I saw you, I told you how much I love you, that it was ok for you to be wary after everything you’d been through. I asked you if you would give me the great honor of trusting me. And you did. You looked at me and came right up, we met and touched and our souls entwined forever. From that moment, we belonged to each other.

It was such a learning process for both of us. You had to learn how to let go of the past, and not to let its grip shape your present. You learned how to live with humans, and accepted both the good and the bad that comes from that. You learned about kindness and the fact that there was always plenty of nice food to eat. And you gave me so much, I learned so much from you and with you. How important it is to live in the moment. How important it is to love life, without restrictions. How important it is to accept all that comes, without judgement or attachment. How important it is to dream, and to sleep. You rescued me Zuki. My life is forever transformed thanks to you. I love you forever.

Life is so precious, and so transient. Like a beautifully colored leaf that falls from the tree in October. You came to me in October, and you left me in October. You are a beautiful star Zuki, whose light is fading in this dimension, and whose light is now burning brightly above. And just as everything in this universe is transient, just as the leaf that falls or the sun that sets, I know that I shouldn’t let the grief of your passing rip my life apart again. I trust that this knowledge, which you yourself have given me, will help to ease my sorrow with the passage of time.

I am revisiting all the wonderful memories of your precious life. Over and over, I keep seeing a beautiful, sleek, black blur moving fast across a fragrant meadow, and then running along the tree line on the other side, all the time keeping one eye on my position. You loved running above everything, and you were more beautiful than anything when you ran.

This morning, after you left, I stayed with you. I felt your energy all around me, and watched as it slowly lifted and drifted, back to where it emerged from when you descended to Earth. I watched them greet you, and I felt your relief that the suffering was at an end, and that you had returned home. They surrounded you with love and pure bliss and absolute knowing, told you that you were with them now, took you under their wing. You turned back to look at me again, and threw me a line that connects us still, so that I wouldn’t be alone.

Nevermore will I watch you dance and laugh and kiss me.

I love you forever, my sweetest, brightest star. I love you Zuki.

7228096676_27d0ca0b6b_z.jpg

Z+Z+yellow by grey_dreams, on Flickr

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaqueen

Rest in Peace Zuki and may you run with the angels with the wind blowing in your ears. Make friends with all those who have left us. Greet all those who come. Run Free!

I'm so glad you found each other and so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug It sounds as though you've tucked Zuki safely inside your heart forever.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Very beautiful tribute to a beautiful pup. I am so very sorry for your loss of Zuki.

Run free Zuki, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

what a beautiful tribute to such a much-loved dog. I'm glad you were there for him when he needed it and thank you for giving him such a wonderful home.

I'm so sorry he had to leave you :( :( :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:cry1 Oh no! My heart hurt when I saw his name in Remembrance. Your tribute to Zuki moved me to tears. I'm so sorry, Laura. Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Your tribute to Zuki is beyond words..... Godspeed, beautiful baby......

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Zuki.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a greyt tribute, yes the two of you had a bond like no other and still do! You gave her the best life she could have asked for and she thanks you everyday. The best gift was letting her go as hard as it was...she is your angel. Sending you gentle hugs and prayers.

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.