Mandy May Be Going To The Bridge Today

MandysMom

I can't believe I'm typing this. Mandy has had hind end weakness for quite some time. We've been managing it with medication, acupuncture, and physical therapy. Over the last couple of days, she's gotten much worse. Tonight was horrible. She collapsed trying to get up from her bed and seemed to have no use of her back legs. I walked her around the condo for a bit, thinking maybe her legs had just fallen asleep. She was asking to go out, so I took her outside. Then it was a nightmare getting her in. I live on the fourth floor with no elevator. She kept collapsing and I had to carry her up most of the 39 stairs. When we got inside, she could barely move -- she just stood there, panting. About an hour later, she has finally settled down, but she won't even eat one of her favorite treats. She keeps giving me a look that makes me think she's tired and ready to go. I'm just not ready to let her go. :brokenheart

Please think good thoughts for my sweet girl. I don't know what I'll do without her.

Here's my favorite picture of her:

510781455_6FtWe-L.jpg

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

beverly, my thoughts are with you and mandy.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

My heart goes out to you. My girl is having same type of issues...several vet visits, different opinions and nothing. We always end up in the same place.

You guys are in my prayers.

Oh no :( my heart breaks as I read. I am sorry. I know you will do the best for her and send you love and strength. :(

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Sending prayers and keeping you both in my thoughts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I hope she is better this morning. Sending good and peaceful thoughts to you today.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I can't believe I'm typing this. Mandy has had hind end weakness for quite some time. We've been managing it with medication, acupuncture, and physical therapy. Over the last couple of days, she's gotten much worse. Tonight was horrible. She collapsed trying to get up from her bed and seemed to have no use of her back legs. I walked her around the condo for a bit, thinking maybe her legs had just fallen asleep. She was asking to go out, so I took her outside. Then it was a nightmare getting her in. I live on the fourth floor with no elevator. She kept collapsing and I had to carry her up most of the 39 stairs. When we got inside, she could barely move -- she just stood there, panting. About an hour later, she has finally settled down, but she won't even eat one of her favorite treats. She keeps giving me a look that makes me think she's tired and ready to go. I'm just not ready to let her go. :brokenheart

Please think good thoughts for my sweet girl. I don't know what I'll do without her.

Here's my favorite picture of her:

510781455_6FtWe-L.jpg

very very sorry to hear that, we lost one of our dogs not so long ago, she had been a bit off and had been to vet a couple of times then seemed a bit better. I got home from work and looked at her, she was waiting by gate for me and thought I'll get changed and rush her to vet, she walked out to shed and my husband called me and she was gone before I could get there. She did her best and waited for me to get home to say goodbye. It was a very sad day for all of us. A couple of hours before I got home she was running around the yard.

I'm so sorry that Mandy has taken a turn for the worse. Sending hugs to both of you. :brokenheart

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

:hope:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so sorry. Having been in this situation before, my heart goes out to you. Whatever the outcome, Mandy knows how much she is loved.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy