Macho - Js Xtrememachine ( 1/12/2007- 8/17/2012)

MachosMom

I love you. I miss you.

I don't have fancy words like some - but my heart loved you just as strong. You left me today to start your next adventure. 4:45 pm your heart stopped, your pain was gone, and just like that you were away from me.

A year ago this weekend we met. It was time to get our first greyhound. So off to the meet & greet we went. We'd been several times over the year, but it just wasn't time. Now it was. We had no idea if we'd meet our grey that day, but we had to go or we never would.

There you were. Looking all buff and regal. You saw us, we saw you. Choirs sang and bells rang. It was love. We walked you around the store where you proceeded to be intrigued by the guinea pigs, and pick your own toy off the clearance shelf. At 80lbs you didn't seem to realize you couldn't fit ON the shelf where aquarium tanks were kept. The group coordinator was off delivering another girl to her new forever home..so we had to call and let him know we wanted you. He was going on vacation, so we'd have to wait. When we went to leave so you could go to your temporary home, you blocked our way. Where were we going without you?

The next 2 weeks were long. I kept busy by asking questions of your foster mom and the coordinator, and getting everything ready. I got new bowls, made sure I had stuff set for you... waited to toy shop until we had you....my partner and I looked at your photos every day and talked about the things we'd do and where we'd go.

Then you came home! Gosh how I remember that morning like it was yesterday. Saturday Sept 2, 2011. It was sunny and warm here in Florida. You went for a walk with our other boy, checked out our backyard and then in the house you went. HOME! HOME AT LAST!

We had some bumps in the road as we learned to be good grey parents, and you taught us patiently all the way. Our shepard mix took a while to get use to you and we had to seperate you for a while, but that was ok. We had this. You even ignored our crazy cat. (Probably because she is crazy).

We went lots of places, we did. Always zooming, always vrooming. Chuck-it balls were your fave, and the glow in the dark ones were AWESOME. Squeaky toys were fun, and the ones that quaked were even better.

You were always up to meeting people and other animals. You even had your christmas photo with Santa and the Tampa Bay Lightning Girls! They loved you, just like all girls did.

Gosh so much fun we had. Seeing you try new foods, or just be excited to go vroom vroom. You had a girlfriend. We still will see her. We will go visit her soon and give her hugs.

Then the bad bad day. You had a limp. It didn't go away. Off to the vet you went. Xrays were taken. Osteosarcoma said they. NO! Not to you! You are 5! It can't be. But it was. We weighed all options, and began our fight. But the cancer just laughed. It took your zoom, then your long walks, then your ball playing....and finally it took you.

Today we did have a bright spot.. we learned that your best friend, Jasper, is your half brother. Over the past year his mom and us were close and closer, and today we finally looked and yep, half brothers, no wonder you look alike. We will see him this weekend, and hope you smile down on us.

I promised you we would finish Alice in Wonderland. We did. This morning. You had Arby's beef & cheddar last night, and today you had a oreo shake and burger. You gobbled those down.

You went from us in my partners arms, resting comfortably. May you be running with the other hounds.

I will sit in the dirt outside in the mornings, like we did at the end. Please come visit me often. I think I will start the Wizard Of Oz soon... so please come sit while I read.

I hope we were the best parents you could have wanted, and I hope we made you proud. You made us proud every day and taught us so very much. You were always a true gentleman. Patient, and kind. Never demanding in a loud way, yet you knew you would always get your way just with your handsome face.

I will miss that face - I already do. I will miss the smiles you gave us. I will miss exploring the world with you. I will miss .... you...every day.

I love you Macho Man. You left too soon, but I don't regret having you for one second and would do it all over in a heart beat. Thank you for choosing us. I hope we did you proud.

Run free, run fast, zoom often, and don't forget your downward facing doggie poses. Visit me, I will be waiting.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PiagetsMom

Anyone who's ever loved and lost a pup could not read your tribute without tears - it was beautiful. I know that you were not fortunate enough to have Macho with you for very long, but it's easy to see that your sweet boy could not have known a better love. I'm so very sorry that Macho could not have stayed with you and your partner longer - Godspeed to your boy :grouphug

I'm so sorry. Godspeed, Macho.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I see he was from my old local group.... Are you in Tampa? God, he was so young. I lost one that young, too.

I live in Clearwater.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)

I'm so sorry he had to leave you.

Macho, please watch over your momma while she reads The Wizard of Oz. Make sure she laughs at all the right parts, and send her kisses on the wind during the sad ones. Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

tears are streaming down my face :( :( :( this is so not fair. He was just too young. :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I am so very, very, very sorry. :cry1 sending hugs to you and your partner... :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am from Clearwater Beach. So sorry for your loss....

Oh! You are close then! Neat! Maybe when life settles we can meet up.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

We have moved, but I often visit. Yes, that would be nice. It is such a great area. I really miss it. My first hounds came from the Humane Society in Clearwater, including the one I lost very young from OS.

I, too, have tears running down my face. My heart breaks for you and your partner. You gave Macho more love in a year than many, many dogs will ever get in their lives. You fit in so much in your time together. Hold on to that. Macho knew he was loved beyond measure.

Godspeed, Macho Man.

You said you didn't have the right words, but you did. The love you had for Macho couldn't have been more apparent. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run far and fast and pain free Macho.......................................

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

It's such a lovely tribute to Macho...my tears flow for you and my heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Run pain-free Macho. You had to leave much, much too soon, :f_white

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life