Rip Jim

Guest swindypops

Guest swindypops

I havent posted on here for a while or even that often but I just wanted to share what happened to our lovely boy Jim today as a way of a memorial to him. We have had our boy for roughly 4 years he was a rescue who hadnt actually raced he was tattooed and had unfortunately been left starving and half bald. He came into our lives and its only now that he has gone that we realise just what a big empty space he has left behind. I was walking him with 2 friends and their dogs who we always walk with they are a lovely little pack and we were nearly finished our walk when my lovely Jim yelped in pain dropped to the floor and was dead about 30 seconds later. We are devestated and having to tell our 7 year old was hard he is very upset he loved him dearly. Jim is now laid to rest in our garden and there is a big gap in our home where he should be we miss him soooo much and our remaining dog is very forlorn without his pal. Needless to say we will have another rescue greyhound and will expose ourselves to the joy and love and eventual pain we will have to go through but it is all worth it and some.Thankyou for allowing me to post about our lovely lovely boy and share my thoughts on him and what he has left behind.

Guest DiforDan

Oh you poor thing, what a horrible thing to happen. Of course, for the dog, better than a protracted illness, but so hard not to be able to say goodbye, and the shock must be terrible for you. Were there really no signs, now you think back?

Anyway, very sorry for your loss, but glad you already intend to move on and adopt another. As you say, there is pain but also years of joy and happiness with a houndie.

Guest swindypops

Nothing obvious he was always a delicate boy, we did call the vet whilst it was hapening but it was too late it happened to quickly .The vet saw him afterwards he thought it was prob a ruptured anuerism because it happened so quickly,im guessing that there may not be warnings for something like that I dont know really, all I know is the amount of well wishes from our doggie friends and the shock it has left us in is a testiment to how much Jim was loved.

I will add Jim's name to the list of Bridge Angels in the Remembrance forum. I am sorry for your loss of this sweet boy.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm so sorry.. it is a horrible shock when they leave so suddenly. Thank you for letting him know love! I'm sure you feel he was the best gift you ever gave yourselves :) but it was a blessing for him as well. Thank you for sharing him with us here across the pond -- and do let us know when you've adopted another in his memory. Heal gently.

I'm so sorry you lost your special boy. I can tell how very much he was loved by your words.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

What a shock for you. I'm sorry for your loss.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. I've had it happen and it's such a shock. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so very sorry for the sudden loss of your sweet boy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

What a wonderful name for a greyhound. "Jim" I am so sorry.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest june

I know no words can help to sooth your hearts right now, but know that I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and I am sending prayers to help heal your hearts. Be gentle with yourselves and know that Jim loves you forever just as you love him.

june

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family, and hopes that your hearts soon heal. :grouphug:f_white

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).