Chicken Feet

Guest Greytluv

Guest Greytluv

Does anyone feed chicken feet to their dogs? I got some, fed some raw and dehydrated some. Has anyone's dogs gotten the dig D from them?

nom nom nom The hounds love them :lol

Chickenfeet-1.jpg

Chicken Feetsies!!!! I actually bought some today for Opie, because the store was all out of turkey necks. He's had them before and love them. So after his after-work walk today with DH, I had a nice feetsie waiting in the bowl for him when he came in. Was he ever excited!

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Oh yeah ... :lol

Feetconsideration3.jpg

feet6.jpg

Frozen feet are the bomb. Even tho the nails are soft, I do cut them off before serving. We've had no problems.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest Tiptons_Mom

I feed my boys two everyday with dinner. They LOVE them. I give them frozen since they seem to last a few minutes longer that way.

No soft serve here, actually I have noticed firmer poops since we made them a daily item.

Guest BrianRke

All of mine LOVE LOVE LOVE Chicky Feets!!!! I try to always have them on hand. I give them raw. I've heard its not a good idea to give them dehydrated ones because the bones become brittle. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

471677_418262581523414_100000190262207_1889811_1164999505_o.jpg

Guest BrianRke

Chickie feet...NOM! They love them and have never had any problem with them. Nor have any visiting hounds ever had a problem that I know of.

chicken%2520paws%2520015.JPG006.JPG

LOVE that pic on the left. He really does look like he is in HoundHeaven!

Guest LadyChester

Those that feed chicken feetsies - do you feed them in the house or is it too messy, like marrow bones? Do most of you cut the nails?

Also, where do you buy them?

Edited by LadyChester

Guest happygrey

We don't cut the nails. I haven't gotten them for the boys in a while, but they LOVE them. :P Our guys have never had GI issues after eating them.

I try to always feed them outside and I do not trim the nails first. I do rinse and clean them before freezing them if they are fresh. We find them at our local grocery that caters to the Hispanic shoppers. They are also the only grocery here that has fresh beef hearts and they will order turkey or chicken necks for us - yay.gif we love Food City. Good produce prices too and since I cook sweet potatoes and other veggies for the hounds it helps cut costs.

Those that feed chicken feetsies - do you feed them in the house or is it too messy, like marrow bones? Do most of you cut the nails?

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

Chickie feet...NOM! They love them and have never had any problem with them. Nor have any visiting hounds ever had a problem that I know of.

chicken%2520paws%2520015.JPG006.JPG

LOVE that pic on the left. He really does look like he is in HoundHeaven!

:nod That pic is awesome.

I used to feed them in the house, but I recently learned my lesson when one spurted some blood. So now they are given to the dogs when they're in crates eating on their rugs or on my deck. That's how they eat their regular raw meals.

I've never had a big D issue with them, but again my dogs are raw fed.

I do also use dehydrated ones that I buy online as treats - they're the perfect treat for an extra special reward when someone does a great recall - easy to carry, not messy, the right size and very high in value.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest BrianRke

I never cut their nails, never had a problem. I dont think they are very messy. Diamond likes to eat hers on the couch and I never see any "residue" :) Actually I did find a piece of a toe between the cushions once :sick

I do trim the nails off. Generally, feet are a frozen treat to be enjoyed outthedoors, but during winter when it's bad outside mom just looks the other way.

Our Stop & Shop carries them now but they are cheaper at our Price Rite.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I don't trim the nails and Summer likes them raw and defrosted best. She gets raw chicken or duck feet -- duck feet are easier for me to get as there is a huge commercial duck farm about 30 minutes from here. And nope, she's never reacted poorly to them. There was an earlier poster who said something about how they wish their pup wasn't sensitive to chicken -- I've "heard" that raw chicken is often a very different story and that many chicken-sensitive dogs have no problem with raw chicken.

Here she is outside with a raw duck foot:

Duckfoot2.jpg

And inside with a raw chicken foot:

IMG_0751.jpg

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JustGreyt05

I bought some a few weeks ago. They've been in the freezer and I've been too nervous to feed him one. Hopefully they're still good because after reading this thread I think he'd love them!