Ben Crossed The Bridge

Guest Cardiffcouple

Guest Cardiffcouple

I am so so sad to tell you that Ben crossed the Bridge on Sunday. Our hearts are just broken. His kidneys were failing quickly and he took a big turn for the worst over the weekend. Saturday night he had two awful gran mal seizures. Sunday it was clear he was in pain and the quality of his life was no longer good enough to make him stay for us. Our vet took great care to handle things in such a way that wouldn't scare Ben or hurt him. We can't believe he is gone. He was with us less than two years. He would have been 7 in May.

Mercy seems to be ok. They didn't interact all that much; Ben kept to himself for the most part. We are having our pet sitter visit her mid-day this week to be sure that she is doing ok. She is getting the long walks that Ben wasn't able to handle.

We know letting them go is the most loving thing you can do for them but it is gut wrenching. We miss him every moment.

I don't know how to put a picture on here or I would show you what a beautiful bow he was.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run with the angels, Ben.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm so sorry :( That is So very young.

If you would like me to post it for you, just send me a picture or pictures as an attachment to mom2harley@verizon.net. We just have to put them in a photobucket album and right click on the bottom group or url thingies (oh how technical I am eh)... but you don't need to learn how to do it right now and I'll be glad to.

BenForGT.jpg

Ben -- the Beautiful

Edited by Mom2Shiloh

I too am very sorry to learn of Ben's passing. :grouphug I hope you will start a Remembrance thread where you tell us more about Ben and let Mom2Shiloh post some pictures for you.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest sheila

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Ben was too young!

Just so you know, your post is not going to be 'closed' as a poster suggested. What will happen is the post may be moved to Rememberence, but readers will be redirected to it.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so very sorry that you've lost your boy. Please take care of yourselves. :grouphug

Godspeed Ben :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry. Even when letting them go is most humane option, it's very hard on those of us who are left behind :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry1 He was MUCH too young. :( Go run like the wind with the angels, sweet Ben... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

And Ben will be here too our March bridge angels . We all understand your pain.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh my. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so sad that he had to leave so young.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson