Prayers For My Elsie Lou

RobinM

We had a play date with Freddy Girls kids yesterday. She had come over after her vet appointment for Tommy to check out a lump I found on his neck last week. It was nothing. As I was stroking Elsie's neck, I found a marble sized lump that looked irritated. It was on the back of her neck. It was not the same type of lump. It was hard and attached. I brought her in yesterday and it was surgically removed. Vet thinks it's either mast cell or...??? I just lost my train of thoought....

She is such a greyt patient, vet could do it under a local as any sedation takes a huge toll on her. She has a 2 inch incision where it was removed and was demanding cookies and barking in our faces all night for a change.

Vet seemed pretty optimistic either way. If it was mast cell, it was under 3 mm and she should be OK and if it were ????? it would be completely benign. (Can someone help me with that, my brain is already fried today)

Elsie beat breast cancer in 2009. She will be 13 in May.

My Elsie Lou and I are partners. I am her girl. ;)

She aint going nowhere.

My beautiful Elsie.

ELSIE1010.jpg

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:goodluck pretty girl. I hope it's a nothing and gone for good.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest OurIndy

Sending good thoughts to you and your excellent patient, Elsie! She looks like the sweetest girl.

Could the vet have mentioned a histiocytoma/button tumor? Greyhounds get them quite frequently, they are totally benign, and their cytology/histopath results can sometimes be hard to distinguish from that of a mast cell tumor. Hoping everything resolves itself!

Sending good thoughts to you and your excellent patient, Elsie! She looks like the sweetest girl.

Could the vet have mentioned a histiocytoma/button tumor? Greyhounds get them quite frequently, they are totally benign, and their cytology/histopath results can sometimes be hard to distinguish from that of a mast cell tumor. Hoping everything resolves itself!

Yes, that could be it. Amazing how the brain cells when becoming overloaded purge things!!! Thanks!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thinking of you and your girl...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Thinking B9 thoughts re: Elsie's lump! :hope She's so beautiful, BTW. :beatheart

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending wishes for quick healing for your beautiful, spunky Elsie Lou. Agreed that it's very good that the vet is optimistic. Simba had a histiocytoma on his neck a couple years ago; benign as said above, and that's been the only one on him so far. It's an odd thing to hope, I know, but I hope that's all you're dealing with. Good thoughts being sent your way!

Holding Miss Elsie Lou in my prayers for this to be behind her completely! :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.