Any Other Fruit Dogs Out There?

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

Rascal, our 9yr old male greyhound, LOVES bananas, apples, and pears! He is such a silly boy... :rolleyes:

Just wondering who else has a fruit dog in the family.

Guest Greytnorth

My Ruby LOVES apples and pears. My fridge was a little cold a few years ago and I accidently froze a pear that was sitting on the top shelf of the fridge (the coldest part). I sliced it up and gave it to Ruby who went crazy for it. Now we use them for cold treats on hot summer days.

Guest cgl0909

Our guys love bananas as well. They also enjoy watermelon, cantaloupe, and blueberries. I have never tried apples and pears. May have to give it a try sometime.

Zachary loves blueberries, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, plums, and dried cranberries.

He has also never met a Brussels sprout he didn’t love! He likes green peas but thinks they are too much work for the reward. He also loves sweet potatoes and yams (especially yam sushi), and cucumber, but only in sushi! Not that I ever buy him his own order of sushi. :blush

milie doesn't do fruit, tho she loves crunching frozen brussels sprouts, and frozen peas. she will however eat stuff with a fruity sauce on it. duck in plum sauce for example.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest mirthlesstroll

Jett will eat anything I eat - he's such a Mama's Boy! He loves apple, pears, banana, orange slices, watermelon, honeydew melon, etc.... He would love some grapes, but mean old Mama says no. I got him to eat green bell pepper the other day! Trent is fussy, and won't eat many fruits. Melody will eat anything that is sweet. Maisie's a garbage disposal on legs - she eats EVERYTHING!! Demon hasn't been here that long, and has just figured out that Mama has good stuff, so he's interested, and on his way to full Mama's Boy status.

My walking stomach, Kyle, will eat just about anything. Lettuce, carrots, broccoli, peas, pea pods, radishes, just about any fruit. In fact, I am trying to remember if he has turned his nose up at anything since he adopted us :lol

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Princess loves all fruit with the exception of citrus.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I haven't had a whole banana to myself since Rocket got here 3 years ago....:lol

He also likes citrus - clementines, tangerines, oranges......

There is very little that he turns down in the way of food, and like some pups mentioned above, I can even give him pills without putting them in anything, and he will take them. Since that's no fun, he usually gets them in some cheese. :lol

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Mine love apples, cantaloupe, bananas, peaches, watermelon, and even romaine lettuce and cucumbers.

Lucy (silly girl) will pick her own raspberries from the bushes and she even taught my boy Larry to do it - except Larry is not smart enough to just pick the ripe ones :blink:

Maddie likes bananas (sometimes) and all the time cantaloupe, strawberries, raspberries. Lettuce when it has salad dressing on it, tomatoes as well only if there is dressing.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest TBSFlame

Rascal, our 9yr old male greyhound, LOVES bananas, apples, and pears! He is such a silly boy... :rolleyes:

Just wondering who else has a fruit dog in the family.

All of mine love fruit...but they love everything. I find if I am eating it they don't even smell it before eating. If it okay for mom, it's ok for them.

Guest KennelMom

Most of ours will eat just about anything...especially if other dogs are around. I could probably toss a balled up piece of paper on the floor and someone would probably eat it if they thought someone else wanted to :rolleyes: If they're alone, many of them get super suspicious of anything you try to give them for some reason.

Before he developed IBD, Merlin used to eat fruit all the time. He absolutely LOVES it, especially apples, PEARS, bananas and strawberries. I feel terrible for him now because he can't even enjoy a nice juicy piece of pear anymore. :(

Sagan likes fruit too, but mostly just apples and pears. He spits out any piece of banana I give him :rolleyes:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Mine are both big eaters, but Violet LOVES pears.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Yep, any fruit is good, but clementines are the favorite!

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.