Ion Miss Muffet

Guest vahoundlover

Guest vahoundlover

I've written and rewritten this post several times. It just doesn't seem to do my sweet gentle girl justice.

I met Muffy on a beautiful spring Saturday, the day before Mothers Day 2006 to be exact. 6 weeks prior we had lost Dolly, one (because we chipped on our first adoption) of our first greyhounds. I was heartbroken, the tears were still flowing freely 6 weeks later.....

My group was holding its yearly yard sale. Sara had brought dogs so we could hold a M&G as well. I helped her unload and as my eyes settled on the prettiest dark brindle my heart jumped. She looked like my Dolly, She was SO pretty! She seemed SO sad. Sara told me she hadn't planned on bringing her but at the last minute asked if she would like to go and Muffy said yes. Muffy was a brood, the first I had ever met, she was 7 yrs old. Sara said she felt like she was just marking time at the kennel, she hadn't even seen her wag her tail. I spent the day with Muffy by my side, we talked and talked, we inspected every inch of the property that we were holding the yardsale on. We bonded immediately. :wub:

I had to leave for a hair appt. I got in the car and started crying before I even pulled out. Tears for Dolly, whom I missed so much. Tears for Muffy, who seemed like she had given up on life. By the time I got to my hair dressers I was crying hysterically (thank goodness she is a friend and has her own shop ). My husband was leaving as I was coming in. He was beside himself because he couldn't understand anything I was saying and why was I crying so hard?! :unsure The only thing he understood was *yardsale* and *Dolly*

Sue told him to go and she'd calm me down. She cut my hair and I then went home.

This is what I found when I walked in the door.

Muffet15-13-06003.jpg

DH went straight to the yardsale to find out why I was so upset. No one knew what he was talking about. They didn't realize I had left in tears. Sara mentioned Muffy. When DH saw her he understood everything, he knew what all those tears meant.

He put her in the car and came home. (I have THE best DH :love2 )

We had the joy of calling Sara the next morning and telling her Muffy had a helicopter tail :inlove

Muffy went to Mountain Hounds and won her age group in the Shuffle

MHShuffleMuff1.jpg

and had her picture taken looking like the lady she was. No posing required, she immediately plopped down like she knew what was going to happen and how SHE wanted to look.

MHMUFF.jpg

She learned about shopping for collars and coats

Newcollarsandstuff044.jpg

Octpups062.jpg

Mostly, she learned how much we loved her.

MuffetRoaches004.jpg

ShebaandtheRabbit036.jpg

We loved her so much, we adopted one of her puppies (Nod) from her last litter. Come to find out, she could have cared less :unsure

MuffetTurns92007013.jpg

Laying down the rules. :lol

We celebrated Muffy's 13th birthday with cake and ice cream as we do all birthdays.

DSC_0127.jpg

Monday night we said goodbye with 3 muskateers sprinkled over strawberry ice cream topped with whip cream

DSC_0022.jpg

You walked in the door and was immediately at home. You filled our hearts with so many memories, thousands of snap shots of our days together. Yet it seems like it was just yesterday. Where did the time go? I still can't believe I will never feel your soft fur under my fingers, your nose poking me from behind when you wanted my attention, the joy of seeing a smile on your face or watching you kick up your heals in joy when we came home from work. You were everything to me, Miss Muffet, everything. I miss you so much

AllthekidsandGANNecklaces113.jpg

Run Free baby girl, run free with the wind..........

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so so sorry.

Run with the angels sweet baby.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Hope, I'm so sorry. There are no words to make it hurt less, I know. So I will just send this: :grouphug Wish I were there to do it in person.

Fly free, Miss Muffet. All those who have gone before you are waiting for you to show you the way. And those who you had to leave behind will be with you again someday. Don't forget to let your Momma know that you arrived safely...

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

I am so sorry for your loss. Your lovely tribute brought me to tears.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Tears here too.

How incredible and wonderful that you found each other.

I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, lovely sleek girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry. She was an absolutely gorgeous perfect sweet girl who knew exactly what she wanted from life--and thanks to your special DH, she got it. Just not for long enough; never long enough.

Godspeed Miss Muffet.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am sobbing so hard for a dog I never knew. What a beautiful tribute to your special girl. I am so, very sorry for how sad you are right now. :grouphug (and boy, you do have the best DH.)

Godspeed best girl Miss Muffet :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Run free Miss Muffet.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Hope, I am so sorry. I remember your anguish over Dolly, but didn't realize the amazing story about Miss Muffet and as others have already said, I am crying over a dog I never met. What a special little lady she must have been. Beautiful tribute for a beautiful broodie. I am so sorry she had to leave too soon. Godspeed, Miss Muffet.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest boondog

That's one of the most beautiful tributes I've ever read. She was one lucky girl and I hope you can find peace in those wonderful memories. Godspeed, sweetheart.

Such a beautiful and touching tribute. She was a true beauty. Run free Muffy, knowing you were loved and will be remembered always.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I am so sorry for your loss...it's such a loving heartfelt tribute foryour beautiful girl.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross