Lilac Rests At The Bridge

Guest houndstooth4

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I'm glad you had a good long run with her; I'm sorry it had to end.

Godspeed Lilac.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest azlorenz

How lucky you were to have shared part of your life with Ms. Lilac. She sounds like an absolutely wonderful sole. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

How lucky you are to have shared all those years with your beautiful, stubborn, hard-headed girl....gotta love the attitude. 16 years...I bet she has some great stories to share with all her buddies at The Bridge. I'm so sorry that it couldn't have gone on and on and on but what an awesome life you gave Lilac.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Oh, Carrie, I feel as if it's the end of an era. Lilac was one of the first Greyhounds I met, back in the old days of Darcy's Kingdom. She was always her own quirky, stubborn, lovely self, and truly the "Mom" of your bunch, in more ways than one. She sure made your life interesting, and you loved her, indulged her, and understood her so well.

Sweet Lilac, I know you have found Treat and Hawk, and maybe some of the old guys who have gone before you, and you're taking names and kicking butt at the Bridge.

Carrie and Matt, I'm so sorry you lost your precious little old lady.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:grouphug

Carrie, so sorry to see this and your blog post. What a treasure Lilac was - so grateful that you shared her with all of us.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Guest houndstooth4

Thank you to everyone for your kind words! We were truly very lucky that Lilac chose us to spend her life with, and make no mistake, our stubborn senior gal called all the shots. She lived an incredible life. I wonder if she had any idea what she was in for when she packed up her old plastic collar and left the farm in Kansas for a new life. She gave us something to smile about every day! I consider myself extremely blessed that we had her for almost nine years. The many tears we've shed just mean that she was very much loved, and all dogs should be missed when they're gone. It means we did at least some things right!

How lucky and blessed you both were. God Bless that sweet angel.

I am so sorry for your loss.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest BlackandBrindle

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Those sassy brood mamas just have that one of a kind spark that lets you know how life should be. I really am very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Oh no, just seeing this! :weep

I'm so sorry Carrie and Matt. Lilac had the best home ever, she definitely knew she was loved.

:gh_run:f_pink:gh_run

:bighug to you both and the girls.

Kim

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest Capslock

It sounds like you did everything right! As you point out, the unbelievable sadness over her passing is hopefully mitigated by the unbelievable success you and she were! A life like Lilacs is what we hope for when we adopt greyhounds.