Gigi Crossed The Bridge Today

Guest jessicaksu125

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Gigi had to leave you so quickly and so young...our babies are never here with us long enough and your special girl was with you for not nearly enough time. I wish words could help you, I know they cannot. Except to let you know that others know your pain, and the special bond you shared with Gigi and why you will miss it and her so very much...hugs and peace to you and Lizze...run free, pretty Gigi.

Edited by maximum

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

I am so very sorry. It is so darned hard to say "See you later, baby" to our best friend. :grouphug

Godspeed Gigi, beautiful girl :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Ah, Jessica! I'm so sorry to hear this! Gigi has taken leave of the body but the pain stays behind with us, doesn't it?

I'm beyond sad reading that you had no help to the e-vet. :( So hard to do anyway, and to be so thoroughly alone! :(:(

Hang on. The joy you shared will slowly come back to you as comfort. The pain we just have to roll with until it starts to fade.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest jessicaksu125

Thanks so much for the support. I realize it's been awhile since I've been on this site. I've forgotten what a great resource it is.

I miss Gigi so much that it hurts. The one thought that keeps running through my mind: It's not fair. The only living beings she ever hurt were the flies that buzzed around my apartment. She was the kindest, sweetest being I have ever known and if there was ever a soul that didn't deserve it it's her.

I hate that I feel a slight sense of relief. Over the past three weeks I haven't slept more than a couple hours at a time because she was on prednisone and had to go out constantly. I couldn't focus at work because my mind was preoccupied. At least now I can begin the process of moving on.

I'm fortunate to have people around me who are supportive. While I did have to take her to the evet alone, my family came up today, and brought their dogs to keep Lizzie company. They have been amazing. My dad just lost his 14-year-old, so he knows what I'm going through. I have made some great friends.

As many of you pointed out, Gigi and I had a very special bond. It's one I never had with Liz, but I can feel my relationship with her strengthening over the loss of our mutual best friend.

@MerlinsMum (Kerry) My girls had some great times playing with your boys. The twirl was always a Gigi signature, she did it on walks, in the yard and in my living room.

@macoduck and others, thanks for remembering my early stories!! I'll never forget falling in love with her picture on the adoption group's web site. Or when I first met her and she stole my hat. Or the first day I brought her home and she stole my duct tape. Or the time she raided the bean dip at a greyhound kennel meeting. Or the stink eye she always gave me at bath time. Or, or, or....

@iluvgreys My dad asked me today if I even questioned whether putting her down was the right thing. I knew unequivocally from the look she gave me that it was. I can see her now chasing rabbits through big, open fields.

@inugrey Grapehounds was so much fun! I'd like to go again sometime.

@xan it did suck going alone. I thought about calling a friend to come with me, but her look of pain was so intense that I wanted to get it done as soon as possible. Plus one thing that Gigi and I share is our stoic nature, we both hate to have people see us cry.

Thanks for the support everyone. It's hard to read about dogs right now, but I will try to check this site more often.

Guest jackjack

I'm so, so sorry to hear about Gigi. It sounds like you truly did have a very special bond, and your tribute brought tears to my eyes. May she rest in peace.

I"m so sorry :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Jessica I'm so sorry. :f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest IrskasMom

I am crying ....crying over a Dog I never met. It seems that on this Board all the Dogs ,we hear and read about are "our" Dogs. And when one passes on it hurts,hurts so bad . I am so profound sorry for your Loss of Gigi :f_pink. :f_pink:f_pink

Edited by IrskasMom

Jessica, I am so sorry. It was very clear from all the stories you posted about Gigi how very much she was loved. I am so sorry she had to leave you :cry1

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Jessica, I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and Gigi had one of those very special bonds. So many of us on this board have tears in our eyes while reading your beautiful tribute because no matter how much time passes, it only takes reading words that evoke such raw pain to conjures up those old feelings. Sometimes I still sleep in my clothes.......a habit I acquired because I never knew when Nikki would need to go out those last couple of months while she was on Prednisone for Lymphosarcoma. It has been 5 years and I still sleep in my clothes..........................

You already have such wonderful memories and support of people on this board who were fortunate to have met Gigi, so feel free to visit us more, chime in or just lurk. Everyone here understands. Sending hugs.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Your tribute brought tears to my eyes, not only because your pain at losing such a special girl is so heartbreakingly clear, but because I lost a beautiful 6 year old to lymphoma too. We tried everything too, and it just didn't work. It's so sad to lose a heart dog, but when they are so young, it's especially devastating.

I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful Gigi.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest EmbersDad

I can't see or think straight. I made dinner but let Lizzie eat it. I am so devastated. I'm writing this knowing the risk that I can't edit tomorrow, but it needs to get out of my system. This afternoon I lost more than a best friend, I lost the only being on this earth who ever really knew and understood me.

About a month ago I found out Gigi, who was 6 1/2, had lymphoma. It's all a blur now. The meds didn't work. Chemo cost more than I could afford, and it wouldn't have bought her much time anyway. She got worse quickly. This morning I went to give her some people food -- I've been cooking for her for a week since I knew her time was almost up. Yesterday she had scarfed up her ground beef, rice and carrots. Today she took one bite, chewed as if to say "see mom I tried" and slinked away.

I took her out. After two houses she wanted to go back inside. She went upstairs to lay down on a pile of my dirty clothes. I cleaned my kitchen. She was still there. I took a shower. She was still there. Without even stopping to get dressed I layed down on the floor with her and immediately started bawling. She was trembling. She's lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks and she's nothing more than a skeleton. I looked into her eyes and saw darkness. I called the e-vet.

I couldn't stop crying on the way to the vet. I could hardly spell my name and address for the vet. I brought in her bed, and sat down on the floor with Gigi and sobbed. I said goodbye. She left this earth peacefully. I held her warm body as if we were just cuddling and watching TV, siting on the floor because she says it's to warm to lie up on the couch. I apologized to her. Despite what everyone tells me I still feel like there was something I could have done to help her. I tried to close her eyes but they wouldn't shut.

I love this girl. There are a lot of dogs who will gladly curl up next to you when you are sad. There are only a few that will do that when the time is right, but they also know that sometimes what you really need is for them to pound on the floor with their front paws and bark at you until you get up and play tug until the stuffy rips in half. Most of the time that's all I needed.

That's the bond I had with Gigi that I never had with Lizzie. But today, Lizzie seemed to know what to do.

Usually if I went out with Gigi and not Lizzie I'd come back to an accusatory "where have you been" nose in the crotch. Today I came in carrying just Gigi's leash and collar. Miss Lizzie scampered across the room, tail wagging and nearly crashing into the wall. She brought me one of those long squeak toys. I grabbed one end, and she clamped down on the other for dear life. She won that round and I chased her around the apartment before round 2. She hasn't left my side all night.

I'll post more to this thread when I am more coherent. I haven't slept in a week due to Gigi's problems. I hope I can catch a few winks tonight.

aaaw jess, i am so sorry to hear this. lizzie will help you heal.

:bighug