Reminders Of Sweetie Are Everywhere And We Can't Stop Crying

Guest sweetiesmum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your heartache. We all have experienced that pain of loss when one of our dearest, cherished friends has left us. The first days are the hardest but in time you will find all the wonderful moments with Sweetie will bring a smile to your face and warm your heart. I do hope he will guide another greyhound to you. As you open your heart to a new greyhound, you will find yourself thinking fondly of moments with Sweetie and experiences you shared.

Please know my heart goes out to you in your grief.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sweetie will end up helping you by letting you make a place in your heart that right now is filled with him, as it should be. As you find comfort from the passing days making it easier for you to laugh about the little things and become teary about other things that you all shared, the three of you, it will come to you that it is time to make new memories with another. It takes everyone's heart it's own period of not being ready just yet, give yours time and you will know.

We adopted our first, Snowie in 1995 and have had six wonderful greys since, having lost four, and having been heart broken with each loss. We now have Leah, age 10 and JJ age 3. I never stop thinking about Snowie, Cody, Willa and Emmy Lou but I picture them sharing stories about us in a carefree and happy place, free from pain and always with a stuffie and full bowls of food and water just like home.

Bless you,

Terry

I am so sorry for your loss. Gone from the earth, but not from your heart.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest WarmheartedPups

I am so very sorry for your loss and for your pain. Most of us know what you are going through......and have felt those terrible endless tears. There are no words.

I understand your pain far too well. Today is one month since Max left us; he was an only dog, too and now it is just me and my husband, in a house too big, too empty. We put all his beds in the basement just a week or so ago; tears when I looked at the empty space. Max, too loved, loved, loved peanut butter - I'm going to have to throw his jar out, I just can't bear to look at it. I found the receipt in my wallet today, of the last boxes of his treats I bought him... tears again. I know - the reminders are everywhere. His food bowls are still out, washed and waiting, his leaeshes and collars still in his drawer.

But occasionally I smile; DH and I talking about silly things he did, saying silly things to make each othersmile. But in talking about the day we even consider another dog, DH said - "we may have to sell the house" - only half in jest; Max made our home a home, his home. Will be tough for another to fill it. We go out a lot now - not because we can, without a dog waiting but because the house no longer feels right. No need to rush home for a waiting hound...

The tears aren't every day now, or all the same. But the gut sucking sadness remains, the wall of grief that rears up and takes your breath away. I'm sure it will get better for all of us who have loss these past days and weeks - but it is such a long way to go, I'm afraid...

Edited by maximum

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

{{{{{{{{{{sweetiesmum and sweetiesdad}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{maximum}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just hang on. I so identify. Remember, like C.S. Lewis said so well "You can't see anything properly while your eyes are blurred with tears." I am sure that in time you will learn that Sweetie is still with you. Sure he's not in his earth suit at your house but the real Sweetie, the spirit, that you loved, will always be with you if even in a realm or dimension you can't readily se with your earth eyes. Greyhounds are different-the depth of their love perhaps even unimaginable- I found that out too. You've so much love - love to give- and there's nothing in the universe more important or needed than love- I'm sure there's another houndie in your future. Sweetie is probably arranging right now to send you the right one, one he has personally selected. He can do that you know. He has that capability now-you know how angels are! If you've read GT you are aware of many hounds who were "sent" by other houndies that crossed over. Its kind of hard to put into words but it does happen and it is obvious and oh so beautiful-so beautiful and deep an expereince for you, your houndie that crossed over and the houndie that was sent to help you. Thats one of the remarkable things about greyhounds. Just because they cross over don't mean they still won't continue to take care of you and give and receive love. I will help in anyway I can. Wish we were closer. Don't ever never give up the notion of giving a home to another houndie because you sure want to cooperate with Sweetie and help him to do it so be prepared and watchful, get into action, be open minded and keep the faith. And then post pictures of your new houndie!

I think we all can relate to how you feel :cry1 :cry1

sending you HUGE hugs -- your baby will never be gone as long as he's in your hearts. :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Having 'been there, done that' several times, most recently 2 months ago, we know what you are going through.

And some dogs just do touch your heart more than others.

Time is a wonderful healer.

For now...just keep the good memories.

When you are ready, another hound will find you.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Sweetie was one very lucky pup to have you for his Mom and Dad. The depth of the love you had for him shines through in every word you've written. I hope when the time is right you will share all that love and carry on Sweetie's legacy by giving another greyhound a wonderful home.

Godspeed Sweetie...run free with the wind at the Bridge. ghrun.gif

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lisajaye2000

The empty places are the hardest for us now too. Empty house, empty hearts. A void which was just full. Funny how guilt comes too. I don't think you have to be perfect to get another grey. It is obvious you loved Sweetie and have a loving place for another lucky grey.

Guest iconsmum

duncan41 said this: "It's ok to open your heart to another - it will never be exactly the same, but then again, neither are snowflakes"

isn't that lovely? I'm thinking that's going to help me too, someday, when I'm scared... again, about doing it again. They're all right, here; a snowflake will find you when you can raise your head a bit.

Edited by iconsmum

Guest greytbig

My heart hurts just hearing your pain, as it is all too real to many of us who have gone through it. My deepest sympathies are with you. Someone sent me this a while back. I always liked it, believe it to be true, and think it appropriate here. I hope you will feel the same....

circle-2.jpg

Guest GreyLaw

I'm so sorry to hear about Sweetie. I just lost my Meadow to Osteo a were ago. Know that you're not alone and that we all love you and send prayers your way....