Chicken Feet

I never thought I would have this happen. Today I found an Asian market that had chicken feet and thought I would get some for the girls. Seems everything I've read on GT, I figured they would be the next best theng since sliced bread for them.

Bijou, Tessa, and my foster Baby Girl approved with "extreme prejudice". Ellie on the other had, couldn't have cared less. :lol

She did take one since everyone else did, but just went to one of the dog beds and curled up and dropped the foot and ignored it. Of course once she got up to move it was like chum in shark-infested waters to other girls. :lol

Is Ellie that odd or have any of your hounds said No! to chicken feet?

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Yes, I won some in a Auction and 3 of my greys loved them.... On the other hand Sophie was not too pleased with it and got one because they did but she also put hers down on their couch and left it there... When she got up they got it fast.... :lol :lol

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I have fed mine dehydrated chicken & duck feet and they love them so when a friend was butchering her 2 roosters, I asked for the feet. I was so excited to take them home and give them to the pups. :colgate I give one to each pup, they drop them and look at me. "So where are the treats?" :rolleyes: Baer, my schnauzer, finally starts eating his so the girls go back and see if anything has changed with theirs. :P Nope, nothing changed so theirs went into the freezer. I don't think they realized what they were.B)

What the heck is this?

Whatisit.jpg

Yum!

Baer-3.jpg

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Guest KennelMom

yeah, we have a couple that will eat them but don't go crazy for them...Not sure why...maybe b/c there's not a lot of smell to them or the shape is awkward :dunno

All of ours LOVE the dehydrated chicken & duck feet!!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest BrianRke

ok so I just went to the Asian market and got a bag of frozen chicken feet. now what? Do I thaw them out first? What about the sharp nails?

Leah has been eating them for a while and she LOVES them, so they disappear very quickly. But Jimmie wasn't too sure what to do with his first one so it took about 20 minutes for him to figure it out eek.gif It smelled intriguing but he couldn't quite figure out what to do with it. He's had them two or three times now and he's gotten much faster lol.giflol.gif

chicken%252520paws%252520015.JPG011.JPG

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

Guest mountain4greys

ok so I just went to the Asian market and got a bag of frozen chicken feet. now what? Do I thaw them out first? What about the sharp nails?

Brian, I just gave mine to them frozen. Some chewed them right up, and some acted like they didn't know what to do. But I do wonder if they would like them thawed first.

Guest Swifthounds

You probably want to defrost to room temp (be aware, they tend to look more like tiny hands at that point than when frozen) unless you know your dog doesn't have an issue with frozen foods. Some dogs will regurgitate cold items. They are safe to feed frozen. Nails are not a concern. Dogs are designed to crunch raw bone into pieces and swallow them - and those are much sharper.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I have one word Greg ..... Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

:nod As picky a eater as Buzz is, I somehow think he would turn his nose up at chicken feet. Emmy on the other hand will eat anything!

My 3 LOVE them!!!! drool every time I open the refrigerator, just in hopes i'm getting the chicken feet out for them!!! :rolleyes:

one, chomps them in big bites, and comes back for more,

the other is alittle bit more reserved, but always wants seconds,,

the third one,, well, he's too pretty to be hurried, but he loves them just the same,, he just is particular about how he eats,, a gold fork and spoon with a porcelain plate please!!! :P

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Frozen chicken paws tend to last a bit longer than thawed. All of my campers love them. Except for Sorella. I don't know if it's a girl thing or what :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Leah has been eating them for a while and she LOVES them, so they disappear very quickly.

chicken%252520paws%252520015.JPG

I'm going to have nightmares from this picture...........:eek:lol:eek

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png