I Hate To Ask Again So Soon

Guest K9Cookies

Oh my... :( Just now seeing this.

I was certainly pleased to read the updates and to hear that Heart is feeling a little better. So scary. I hope she'll be able to come home today. :goodluck

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just called to see how our girl was doing. She's doing very well. She had a nice, relaxing weekend, her temperature stayed down and she can come home this afternoon, so Mike will pick her up on his way home and she will be here for dinner tonight. :wub:

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

OMG just seeing this!!! :( :( :( :(

how scary for all of you! glad to hear she's coming home. I will send prayers that all continues to go well! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest d0ggiem0mma

Have they decided what could have caused all that? The reason I ask is that her symptoms sound almost exactly like when my boy Leggs has seizures. He has complex focal seizures, not the normal tonic-clonic kind. They cause him to run around like he's on meth. He gets very paranoid like someone is sneaking up on him, gets lost in closets etc. He also gets tachycardic and his temp goes up. During his last seizure his heart rate went over 180 and his temp got up to about 104.

There were a couple of things going on at the same time. She had recently fallen and ruptured a disc at the base of her tail and was on Tramadol and Metacam. She had had 3 vet visits within a short time frame, and she stresses at going to the vet. They also discovered during this last episode that she had a pretty bad UTI (even though she had no symptoms that I could see at home). So a combination of all of that just sent her into overload.

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest bethac

Wow, Judy I'm so glad Heart is doing better and will be coming home this afternoon. Prayers answered ... have been thinking about you all weekend. :grouphug

Guest Stripeyfan

Eek, only just seeing this! I'm so glad she's home – sending tons of good thoughts to both of you! And I hope Jilly Bean's all better now too.

Heart passed away this morning. I'll post in Remembrance when I'm able. :weep

Guest Cara_Lea

My heart is just breaking for all of you. I am so sorry. Run free, beautiful Heart. You were so very loved.

Oh no Judy! That's definitely not the update I was expecting when I checked in here :cry1 I'm so, so very sorry :(

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--