I Hate To Ask Again So Soon

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, the poor girl. Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts, and hoping for a positive update.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh dear, poor Heart! So glad she is improving at the vet.

I see such different reactions to tramadol that I wouldn't be surprised if that aided in her anxiety. It made Sutra restless and jumpy most of the time. It works great for Fritz though (but Deramaxx does nothing for him :dunno). So odd.

Hoping that she continues to improve and gets some rest :goodluck

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Thinking of you and Mike and Heart tonight. Sending wishes for a peaceful healing weekend for you all. And an extra hug for J. Bean hoping she is back to her usual precious self.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm so glad they've got her stabilized. I hope that by Monday she's feeling well and can come home without any further crises.

:kiss2 Heart

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest IrskasMom

Prayers,Prayers and more Prayers for Heart. Ohh Judy ,Mike and Kevin sending you lots of Hugs to. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Cause you haven't had enough stress in your life lately, right? :bighug

Prayers inbound for all of you

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest wmlcml6

I"m sorry, Judy and Mike. Poor Heart. Your ride to the vet sounds an awful lot like when Mattie had to be rushed to the vet and I wouldn't wish that feeling on anybody! A good team of vets saved her, and she not only survived, but thrived. The same will be for Heart.

Certain meds can definitely affect personality. Annie had morphine for a biopsy without me even being asked if she should have it. It still haunts me to know that one whole day of her last few were spent hallucinating, panting, and not able to acknowledge who we were. Grandy had issues with a cough medicine, too. She was not herself for a couple of days and I only gave it to her that one time because of what it did to her mental state. I know sometimes meds are necessary, but I would be bold and ask if the prescription is known to cause anxiety or other mental issues and if so, if there is a safer alternative.

Best wishes to Heart and her family.

Guest KennelMom

Oh no! Judy...sending lots of prayers to you, Mike and Heart :hope You guys have been through so much with your pups lately :bighug

Guest bethac

Sending more prayers for Heart :hope and hugs to you and Mike. I really hope that Heart turns the corner after her stay at the vets. I know that in elderly people, a UTI can cause a complete personality change if left untreated. Thank goodness you got her to the vet when you did ...

I hope you got a bit more sleep last night ....

I second what Cathy said--it certainly could be a medication issue. I'd ask them to stop what they were giving her and see what happens.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

scary update. Hoping for better news this morning, Poor Heart.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Judy, all our thoughts are with you and hope Heart is even better this morning. That is very scary ordeal and hopefully it was just the meds causing the problem. We will all be waiting patiently for an update when you are able.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Poor Heart! Hope the TLC by your wonderful Vet will ease her fears. I can see where this whole incident with the fall, the meds and the UTI was a recipe for disaster! Found out the hard way that our Suze cannot take Tramadol - talk about psychotic breaks! :crazy Sending prayers for all. You guys need a break! Hoping for peace and sereniity for your whole family - two legged and four.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Same here... sending lots more good thoughts for Heart. :heart:goodluck:candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Heart is doing very well this morning. She's calm, no shaking or panting. Her temperature is normal. They said she's nice and relaxed, just watching all that's going on and chewing on her blanket.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee