I Hate To Ask Again So Soon

Could you please keep Heart in your thoughts and prayers. Mike is on his way home and we are rushing her to the vet. She's not had much sleep since Saturday. She's so anxious and just walks and paces and cries for hours on end. A minute ago she came up to me and accidentally bumped my hand and screamed and took off dropping poop along the way. The dogs went after her but did nothing but scare her. Now she won't come to me, I think she thinks I hit her. :weep I've taken her off the Metacam per vet instructions two days ago. I lowered her Tramadol thinking this is what's making her so anxious and afraid. She's now terrified of the tile floors, the car, the other dogs. This is not my Heart. She used to be so calm and laid back and nothing phased her. :weep She doesn't act like she's in pain to me, she acts terrified of the world. :weep I'm now wondering if this is all neurological and what ever it is, I don't think it's good.

Update: Heart went into respiratory distress just as Mike was pulling into the drive way. You want to talk about a long car ride. I thought she was going to die before we could get there. She collapsed before we got out of the subdivision. I told Mike to pull over, I crawled into the back and put her head in my lap. She was drooling something awful and breathing so hard and so fast I knew her heart would stop. Mike called ahead and told them we needed help getting her out of the car. The poor thing kept fighting, both front legs flailing about as I tried to comfort her. By the time we got there her tongue was turning blue. They took her temperature and it was 106 so they took her back immediately and started a cool IV, put alcohol on her pads and put a fan on her. They also started a valium drip to calm her down. Needless to say she is spending the night at the vet. They want to do some more tests. Thoughts now are that part of the problem is the pain and the other (maybe bigger part) is mental stress. Since falling twice, 3 vet visits (she hate the vet), slipping on the tile at home and the fact that the house has been taken apart because we have new furniture coming tomorrow, it was just too much for her to deal with. The fact that she's not been sleeping doesn't help either. In about 30 minutes they had her temperature down to 103 and she was resting comfortably with the valium on board.

The vet will be calling us some time after 6:00 and giving us the results of the tests they are running now. So that's where we stand at this point in time.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, poor Heart. Sending lots of good thoughts.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Oh no. Sending all kinds of prayers along with you, Judy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:hope and :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh my goodness. Sending prayers for Heart!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Oh no. Sending prayers and hugs to you all.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:( Poor Heart, I hope the vet can help calm and heal her

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Guest IrskasMom

Ohh no , poor Heart . Sending loads of Prayers and good Thoughts for Heart your Way Judy . Keep us posted of what's going on.

Is Jilly Ok?? and all the other's ?? :):):)

:hope :hope :hope

poor old gal ~ praying for calmness and peace for Heart,,

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Sending prayers that you and the vet can get to the bottom of this and it's something that can be "fixed".

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Sending many prayers and good thoughts for Heart!!!!! Hugs to you all... :grouphug:hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Good thoughts are going your way from here Judy.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren