Sudden Grand Mal/now Paralyzed

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to ask your e-vet what it is "all about"--since it's not about compassion and it's clearly not about quality medical care.

Love and hugs to you and yours...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I am glad Minny is home with you. I don't have the right words for your e vet.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I am so glad Minny is home where he belongs. I'm sure this is much better for both of you. Take care, ok?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I just read this whole thread and all I can say is that that place that you referred to is very lucky that I am not a client. Fortunately for you, you have this thread as a journal to which to refer when and if you decide to pursue further action with the State licensing board. Of course, there is no law against being heartless, but there is are laws against carelessness that causes injury.

The important things now are Minny and you. Just the two of you. Loving......snuggling......eating all that good/bad food for the sheer joy of it. Sending comfort on the wings of angels and will keep you two tucked tightly in my prayers. Praying for Cash, too! Whatever that bullet was that she dodged, I hope it is never seen again.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so *relieved* to hear that she's home with you! I can only imagine how relieved you are! Hugs to you and scritchies to Minnie. :bighug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I got tears in my eyes when I read that Minny is home with you. I'm so, so happy for both of you - he's where he needs to be.

That vet sounds absolutely awful. Not wanting you to visit because Minny made too much noise when you left? Not acceptable!!!!

There are so many things I want to say about that, but the important thing is that Minny is home where he is comfortable and can get all the love he needs. :wub:

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

I am so glad to hear he is home with you! Those people, vet & techs, well :mum Maybe what they did wasn't illegal, but there is no way I would ever take an animal back there!

:kiss2 to Minny

Edited by Remolacha

I am so very happy that your boy is home with him where he belongs. One of the great things about these pups is that he will most likely forget all about his few bad days and just be happy to be with you. I am so happy that you are together. Love on him, and both of you take good care of each other.

I agree with you, I wish you had it on tape.

I was lucky when I lost Morgaine following her seizures and the vet who treated her was *itch on wheels. I was on the phone with my own vet who knew her, all I wanted to know was that she was a good doctor for my girl -- her people skills sucked in every possible way, she actually said it wasn't status epilepticus but that either I or my walker had let her pick up poisoned food on her walk -- he promised me that she was an excellent vet but that it was widely known that her people skills were lacking. She actually had to re-do that part of vet school. When he called her to follow-up after Morgaine died, she wouldn't talk to him. He then went to the owner of the practice and went through the file with him, that vet agreed that it was status and put my vet's complaint in the record. I really will let a lot happen to me but I don't have an "off" or "mute" button when it comes to my pups. I am just so sorry that on top of the medical concerns, your emotional concerns, etc. that you had a run in with such a horrible practice. It sure sounds like they all could use a big lesson in empathy and compassion.

Guest Stripeyfan

Just catching up with this thread... wow. I am so sorry you and Minny have had to go through all this, and really glad he's home with you now. grouphug.gif

I have had tears in my eyes throughout all of your posts. I can't imagine the pain, anger and frustration you are feeling. It is so unfair, especially when what is foremost in your mind is just doing what is best for your sweet boy, and giving him as much love and comfort as you can.

Though it is very difficult, it's clear that you you are not wasting your time focusing on the negativity and incompetance that epitomizes that vet hospital. Don't let their hatefulness steal precious time away from you and Minny now, though there indeed may be aspects of his treatment that you might want to address with whoever you need to at some point.

Thank goodnes you found each other again. You were meant to be together, especially at this time of his life. So difficult for you, but obviously, you would never expect to do less. Bless you.

You and Minny are in our prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Lynnada

I'd like to ask your e-vet what it is "all about"--since it's not about compassion and it's clearly not about quality medical care.

The only thing left is the almighty $. :angryfire:censored

At least Minny is home now enjoying the comfort and pampering he deserves. :heart I'm sure you both are feeling much better about that.

I'm so sorry that you have had so many difficulties in the situation that you are in - it's not easy but, it seems that it has been made so much tougher in your case because of dealing with people that were rough and not caring - let Karma take care of them and you take care of your Minny. I hope you can now focus on what you feel is most important ...

Guest eaglflyt

I'm so glad that both of you are together. I'm praying for both of you and Cash too.

Major hugs for each of you.

There are MANY places on the internet that allow you to leave ratings/feedback for businesses - Angie's list coimes to mind, you can rate and leave comments even through the yellow pages and google - you have the opportunity to leave feedback about the terrible service and lack of compassion that you received there. I would most certainly warn others.

I'm so glad that your boy is home with you. That e-vet facility is no place to try to get well in - there is no love there.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest wmlcml6

This whole situation makes me glad my e-vet is the compassionate knowledgeable kind - the complete opposite of what you have had to deal with. I'm sorry that knowing your beloved dog is sick was worsened by awful personalities at the vet's office. When our pups were sick, they told me I could call any hour of the night if I wanted to. And I did.

I have also taken a sick 7 wk old pup to our regular vet (now former vet) 3 times in one week, and by the last visit she was at death's door. I said you have to fix her today or she will die. When I called at noon - the vet hadn't even seen her yet. When they still hadn't evaluated/treated her by 2 pm, I left work to go get her. They knew I was coming to get her, and so they finally were treating her when I got there ... by trying to jam a huge needle into her forearm but her veins had collapsed from having diarrea and vomiting for a week, and I said STOP! Give me my dog. She is not going to stay her another minute. I smuggled her back to work with me. Amazingly, she turned a corner that night and I truly believe it's because she realized how much I loved her. Some of you know who I'm talking about - Miss Troublina, GIJenn51's beautiful girl. My point in writing all that is to say that there is something to be said for the healing power of prayer, and that being at home with someone who loves you is also very powerful.

Edited by wmlcml6

Guest luvRgreys

I just saw and read this thread and just cannot believe what Minny and you have been through!!! Not acceptable!!! I am so glad you are home together. Please grasp each minute!! I know you will. And I pray Minny and Cash are comforted by your love. And you by ours!

Checking for an update on Minny (and Cash) :hope I sincerely hope that no news is good news. I've thought of you and your pups all weekend.:grouphug

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

continuing to send prayers to Minny, Cash and you!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

just checking in to send more prayers :(:hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway