Big Vinny (Vv Old Dan) 5/26/04-05/19/11

Guest FrostyBottoms

Guest FrostyBottoms

I saw your face on the Greyhounds Only website...I wasn't looking for another greyhound, I don't even know how I ended up there looking. I had to have you.

I can't believe you are gone, in one week you would have been 7...the same day your skin sister is turning 15.....the reason she said we had to get you, "we share a birthday, mom!"

I miss you so much Vinny, I miss your morning kiss, just one lick for each of us till the next morning. I miss you following me around the house, I miss your ears, the way they smelled, they way they felt, the way they stood up when I was talking to you. I miss touching your smooth scars, and wondering how you got each of them. I miss your mischievious ways, I don't have to push the bread back on the counter anymore...Frosty won't bother it. I miss when I would crack a banana open how you would jump off of the couch and come sit right in front of me and wait for a bite...you loved bananas more than anyone I ever knew. I miss how you clean the table up after your skinbrother has eaten...he always left you a little something on the table and you knew it. I miss waking in the middle of the night because you are laying on my legs and I can't feel them. I know daddy misses you going into the laundry room with him every morning to steam his shirt before work, even though every morning, you knew it would only take a couple minutes, you would go with him just to be with him. I love how you would sit next to your skinbrother on the couch in the basement while he played videogames, he's going to miss that so much. I love how you were the keeper of all of your skinsisters secrets, She told you everything, and you just gave her love. You were everyone's dog Vinny...everyone thought you loved them the most, you had a way of making everyone feel special. You were so strong, never showing the pain you MUST have been in. I miss you. I love you. This is the hardest thing we have ever been through, Vinny. Love~ Your Mom.

From your Dad - I remember the first time I met you, the door opened and you saw KIDS!!!!! You reared up and touched each of them on thier nose with yours. You were so excited. At that moment, you picked us to be your family. I am so thankful to Dorothy for saving your life, giving us the chance to love you and be loved by you; however short that time feels now. Thank you to Linda for being so picky with "Hollywood Dan", he fit our family like a glove since day one. What makes this so hard is that you loved everyone you came in contact with - in that sense, you made yourself "everyone's friend" - we just got to keep you. But make no mistake, you were a "Greyhound Rockstar!" and I was honored to be called your owner.

Everything you did was 100% effort, all the time - loving us- you were not happy unless you were with "your people". I will miss your greeting at the door when I came home from work, that big tail slowly wagging back and forth. When you played, you didn't just catch the stuffy - you DESTROYED each one, violently shaking it back and forth and releasing it so it would fly against the wall about 10 feet in the air. Then you would jump on it with both of your front feet and within minutes that squeeker and stuffing were surgically removed and left on the family room floor, all with that huge tail wagging completely back and forth as far as you could wag it. I will miss our walks and runs at dawn - you loved walking with your Frosty on our "bunny hunts". You and Frosty making me stop each time you spotted a rabbit so you two knuckleheads could stalk it until it bolted. Your ears were always at "high alert" the entire walk. I will miss you always taking the kids side when I wrestled with them, you pulled me off, barking at me to leave them alone. You were the best compainion we could ever have hoped for, you were so full of love, and thats why it hurts so much that you are gone, in an instant. You will always be my Rockstar and I will miss your "velvet ears" and that big head that felt so good and satisfying to pet, hold, kiss and scratch. I will think of you often, my big boy.....

Goodbye amber eyes...we love you!

DSC_3298.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry. I would take your pain away, if I could.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Vinny was a stunning boy and I am so very sorry you lost him so young. He is running with the angels now, all those other beautiful pups that went before him.

Run free Vinny, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest greymama002

Our deepest sympathy to your family on the :brokenheart loss of your most precious boy. So sorry you didn't get more time together. Run free, big guy, your handsome face will always be remembered. :gh_run:angelwings

A dog in a billion. I'm so sorry he couldn't stay longer with his perfect family.

Rest well, Vinny, and dream some special dreams to comfort your people.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You were everyone's dog Vinny...everyone thought you loved them the most, you had a way of making everyone feel special. Love~ Your Mom.

From your Dad - ... you loved everyone you came in contact with - in that sense, you made yourself "everyone's friend" - we just got to keep you.

:weep It is so hard to say g'bye to a wonderful friend, I am so sorry. You are all so blessed to have found each other. :grouphug

Godspeed Vinny :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Big Vinny...one of my GT favorites. I've always had a huge crush on him. I'm sorry this happened so suddenly. We will all miss your handsome man. :grouphug to all of you.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Reading your tributes, it's clear how special Vinny was and what a big part of your lives he was. You have my deepest sympathies.

Run free, Big Vinny...

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

What a lovely tribute. He was a special boy, it's easy to see that. You were blessed to get to share his life; I'm so sorry he had to leave at such a young age. Just so wrong.

My condolences to all of you. :grouphug I know the pain is so rough, and I'm so sorry.

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Guest jettcricket

What a beautiful picture of a beautiful family....I'm so sorry for the sudden loss of your most precious and special boy. :f_red

I'm so sorry for your loss...what a beautiful tribute and family photo...he was both loved and a loving soul.

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so sorry for the untimely loss of your beautiful Vinny.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Aww Vinny it was just too soon. I'm so sorry your best boy couldn't stay. those one in a million dogs leave such a huge hole, flowers_red.gif

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I'm so very sorry. What a lovely tribute to your boy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl.