Greta (Greta's Moonlite 12/6/1999 - 04/19/2011)

ChiliDog

We let our sweet Greta go on Tuesday - the pain from her suddenly-diagnosed osteo was getting too much for her and we believe in the "better one day to soon" rule.

To say that I am shattered is an understatement.

Greta was my velcro dog. She only had eyes for me. She was a bounce at 8 - returned to the kennel due to a divorce. As the song goes she walked out of the car and into my heart.....

Her first winter with us I had an animal communicator communicate with Joe - this is an excerpt..

"Joe has an interesting relationship with Logan. Logan is the alpha but I think that they might share this position at times. They are well suited to each other, complimenting each other's strength's and weaknesses. Greta is just happy to let them take care of things! I feel that Greta is very in tune with you Donna, she adores you! This is coming through pretty strongly...Greta is "highjacking" my time with Joe here wanting to express her love for you. Very sweet! She really does have a loving heart doesn't she? A lot of healing was needed when she was given up by her previous guardians...she was very attached to the woman. This was tough for her but she has now adjusted to life with you and your husband - which she loves."

She was the BEST meeter and greeter and many an adopting family actually wanted to take HER :)

Her silver brindling color was so unusual and her tiger stripes so pretty she always turned heads wherever we went.

Greta would follow me from room to room, ensuring that she could keep an eye on me at all times.

If Klaus came home without me he'd tell me that she was always looking past him and then at him saying "hey - where is she!"

When I would come home from work she would be waiting at the door, waiting to rush out in the hallway to dance with me.

She was the perfect hat model - she loved wearing them. She loved "dressing up".

She was our first counter surfer. Within the first week she "disappeared" 2 loaves of bread, 2 bags of pita bread, oh and a package of blueberry muffins - lo fat, of course, she was watching her girlish figure.

I could go on and on about her but my heart would hurt too much - instead I will leave you with some of my favorite pictures of her:

P1030663-1.jpg

P1040023.jpg

P1040103.jpg

P1040107-1.jpg

P1040136.jpg

Run free my sweet princess.....

Send me a sign to let me know you're ok.

Give Logan a kiss from me, too.

:kiss2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My deepest condolences, Donna. :grouphug Your precious girl is free from pain, visiting all her old and new pals at the Bridge. :gh_run Know that her spirit lives on in your heart forever... :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh, Donna. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Greta.

Take comfort in knowing that she is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest RiverCityGang

Donna and Klaus, I am so sorry for your loss of Greta. She was a beautiful lady and I was so happy to be able to meet her in person at GIG last year. She and Logan can keep each other company now and neither one will be alone at the Bridge. I wanted to post the picture I took of your princess at GIG, but can't find it at the moment. In it's place, I posted Momma wearing the beautiful hat Greta gave her. Both ladies are hat mavens and Momma wants to tell Princess Greta that she will think of her every time she wears one of her hats and hopes that Greta is happy and pain-free now.

All of us here hope the same and send hugs and love to the rest of you !

th_05-29-2010030-1.jpg?t=1303666480

So very lovely. Hugs to you and your DH.

Godspeed, sweet pea.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

It's such a beautiful thing that you and lovely Greta found each other and loved each other so. :heart I'm very sorry she had to leave.

:grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).