Bacchus Has Slo And A Swollen Foot

Guest DoofBert

Guest DoofBert

Our Bacchus has been struggling with arthritis in his front legs/shoulders. Chripractic, massages and tissue repair meds... Glucosomine, MSM, Chondtroitin, and Vit C --- since November 2010.

In the past three months he's broken two toenails. This latest break occurred and was downt to the quick. We've begun treatment for SLO . This morning, his paw is swollen and he's not putting any weight on the foot. He's moaning in pain. I feel so helpless.

Our big guy has a screwed up rear foot plus the arthritic front legs..... We have appt with vet at 3:15 today.

Good thoughts are needed.

Thanks,

Jayne

Poor bug, and poor worried person too. Hope you and the vet can figure out a way to give him some relief. Keep us posted, OK?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Bacchus, you hold a very special spot in my heart. Holding you in my thoughts :hope :hope :hope

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest DoofBert

Back from the vet (some time ago) and the Black Pack had their supper. Bacchus does indeed have SLO but his foot is also swollen. Xrays showed no issues withthe bone, just soft tissue swelling. No fever.

We have switched him to tramadol and also been given an antibiotic. We will soak the foot twice each day warm water/moist heat.

He's much happier now that he's home and had special dinner (tablet laden cream cheese bits!).

Thanks for all your good thoughts. I do belive this was harder on Tim and me than it was on Bacchus!!!!!

Time for a quiet night!

Guest redreed

Thank you for the update, :) Bacchus is special to me (as is all the pokynose pack!!!) and I was hoping all was going okay. Sending healing prayers to the sweet god of whine, and hugs to you and Tim!!!

Sending our healing thoughts, too, to Bacchus and his family. Hoping he's enjoying a comfortable Saturday.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest DoofBert

Bacchus here.... this SLO toe is surely a pain. But Doc gave me some pain pills and some antibiotics to help witht he swelling. I think I got the bandage dirty when I was running outside. Swelling is down and I'm feeling al ittle better.

Treatment fro this SLO requires other pills that may also help with the arthritis. I've been getting official massages from Vyolet and the momma gives a pretty good rub down, too.

Anyways, I'm resting up and gonna be ready for a big party at GIG. I'm not planning on doing a lot of walking. Bert and I agreed to guard the hotel room and look good on the porch of the hotel. We'll let Tessa and the young hounds shop till they are silly.

Thanks for all the good thought,

Sir Bacchus, ROW

Bacchus, we are glad you're feeling better. Yes, I think you are right to rest up. We are now going to GIG, and would love to meet you and your family.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown