Rip Bella Mia Aka "old Bones" February 1999-April 1St 2011

Guest bellamia

Guest bellamia

I lost my babygirl yesterday...my child, my sweetheart, my momma dog...I'll miss her so much :( I'll miss her when I'm sick because she always came into my room to check on me to make sure I was okay but sticking her nose in my face and licking my hand and "cooing" at me. I'll miss her at 5am when I get up to get ready for work and how her ears stick straight up as I walk up the stairs to say good morning to her.

I'll miss how she almost knocks my butt off my feet as she leaps down the stairs to wait for me to bring her her food (I learned to make her go first after quite a few tumbles).

I'll miss those sweet brown eyes and white face that always had a sparkle in them that made me happy no matter what. I'll even miss her demanding barks of "MOM! get the hell over here to see me I miss you!"

I'll miss people telling me how good she looks for her age and that she must be really really happy with me and how jealous they are that their greyhounds never do the things that she's done with me.

I'll probably miss her hugs she gave me everytime I walked in the door the most (she would rub her face up and down my arms as I cradeled her and then she'd rub her face HARD up against my neck and my face and then she'd give me sloppy kisses).

I think I'll even miss all the dead animals she'd hide in the yard for later (yum snacks!) and even the dead animals she would bring to me which included: rabbits, squirrels, birds, possums (sometimes they'd still be alive that mean lil girl!) and even frogs (she was pretty weird, just like her mom).

It may be weird but I'll even miss how she smells (I def won't miss her farts, though...) and how she'd lay on the sofa with me and while I was taking naps, how she'd crawl ON TOP OF ME (all 65lbs of her) and cuddle to sleep.

bf902320e283__1285698797000.jpg

9cacf4f8b55c__1301337910000.jpg

When we were at the vets office waiting she wouldn't lay down on the blanket till I laid down with her and I was so thankful to the vet for giving her something before hand to help calm her down (her breathing was heartbreaking it sounded so painful). It was so excruciating to go with a dog and leave without one. I feel so empty and heartbroken. It just doesn't feel right to look at her bed and not see her in it it feels so wrong. Sometimes I feel like she's only gone for a day and she'll be back soon but I have to keep myself from thinking like that because I know it's not true. She's gone forever...I know she's in a better place but sometimes it doesn't help to lessen the pain I feel.

I was broken when she found me and she mended me and made me whole, I'm just so sorry sweetface I wasn't able to fix you, too. :brokenheart

891618948c8d__1288757426000.jpg

fda71f8be947__1301337820000.jpg

"We're all so fragile, and easily broken but I'll try my hardest to put you back together again if you'll do the same for me."

:sad1:cry1:brokenheart

RIP Bella Mia (Beautiful One in italian), aka "Momma", Old Bones, Tigerlily, Sweetface, Princess, Speed Racer, Fur-Child, Babygirl...

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Bella Mia.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

We read so many of these listings, but, once in a while there is one that really affects me. Your girl looks so much like our little princess Brandy who left about 3 years ago. Your story was very moving and emotional. I am so sorry for your loss.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry.

Run with the angels, lovely sweet girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a lovely, heartfelt tribute. It made me cry, because your love and pain are so great. When you share such a deep love in so many ways, for so long, the empty space left by her absence is enormous. I hope that in time that huge hole in your heart and home is filled with your many wonderful memories. You were truly blessed to have shared your life with such an exceptional dog.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Bella Mia.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Wow, your tribute made me cry. It was lovely as was Bella Mia. I have no doubt that my Loca met her at the bridge and showed her the ropes flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest dragontearz

I teared up reading this, it's obvious you loved and cared for each other very much-letting them go is a horrible thing to have to go through. My condolences to you..

:f_red:gh_lay:f_red

Edited by dragontearz

I'm so sorry for your loss of Bella Mia.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest iconsmum

bella mia - in italian, my beautiful girl, but translates more like, "my beauty"...she sure lived up to her name. I'm sorry for your loss.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Your tribute to your lovely girl really got to me; lots of tears here. I know how it is with the ones who heal your heart. You will see her again; I truly believe that. Godspeed, Bella Mia...