Devastating News In Our Household...

Guest ellieb

Guest Baloos_Mom

Oh Ellie! I am so sorry!!! Thank you for letting me know and I will be praying for you both. I had to let my blue boy (her boyfriend while here) go in August of last year. I am crying with you now! I loved her so much! :crying:beatheart :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for the bad news :( :( sending you and Indigo many hugs. :bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

How terribly sad. I am so sorry. Indigo is just gorgeous.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.

:grouphug:hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Enjoy the time you have left with her and spoil Miss Indigo. So sorry you are going through this. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Adding our hugs and best wishes to all the love being sent Indigo's way. I'm so sorry for the diagnosis.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest Energy11

Soooo sorry to hear this!

Our Max, 11.5 lived almost three months after his diagnosis (*early diagnosis), and made it out of Hott Florida with us to the mountains! He did quite well for a long while on Tramadol and Deramaxx.

Just give your baby lots and lots and lots of LOVE and spoil her rotten!

Sending all the love, hugs and prayers we can! Dee and The Five

Edited by Energy11

I am wishing for a peaceful twilight and praying for strength to you and the family to make the decision when it is right. I know this is so tuff to face. We just faced it last month when the vet said on a Sat. "it is time" "go home and enjoy her" and bring her back on Tuesday. That was the longest and shortest weekend of our life.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

So sorry for you....Prayers for peace and comfort.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest jettcricket

Having been thru it myself as many of us have my heart goes out to you and your beautiful Indigo. I'm so sorry.

Sending you strength, comfort, peace and white light.....:grouphug

Guest Smiley

I am so very, very sorry. We've done this journey twice and it's heartbreaking. Please know that we are all here with you.

Guest dragontearz

Gah, I am so sorry-it's been almost a month since I had to make the decision after finding out Guinness had cancer, and it sucks to have to go through :/

Guest ellieb

Gah, I am so sorry-it's been almost a month since I had to make the decision after finding out Guinness had cancer, and it sucks to have to go through :/

My heart shares your pain of losing Guinness. I am like you with the crying. Today has been better. I can actually look at her and talk about her without sobbing. So sorry for your loss. Big Hug!

Guest ellieb

I am anxious for our vet visit today. The diagnosis on Sunday was at the E-vet. Today we are seeing our regular vet. I am not expecting a miracle, just a firm plan for the days or weeks to come.

Her spirits/attitude are wonderful and mostly normal. She is eating like regular and pooping/peeing just like normal. I put her Rimadyl right in with her Eagle Pack kibble and she snarfs it down. I put her Tramadol in a ball of canned Wellness. She just gobbles that down, too. That makes medicating her easier.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dx. Yet another person who knows what you are going through. :(

I think I am probably too late, but just in case, talk to your vet about Gabapentin as another pain management option that you can add in. I've also found that many "regular" vets don't realize how high the safe maximum dosages are for the pain meds commonly used to manage osteo pain. We're available in the osteo thread in this forum if you need more input on your options, or just need some support to a shoulder to cry on. Hang in there. It sounds like you are doing what you feel is best for your girl and that's the best you can do. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."