Devastating News In Our Household...

Guest ellieb

Guest ellieb

We took Indigo to the E-vet, last night, for a limp. She has been diagnosed with osteosarcoma in her left shoulder. The doctor on call said, "Maybe 6 months." I'm not sure it will be that long. The bone is so fragile, she could break it very easily. Amputation of the leg would ease the pain, but won't prolong her life. Chemo is a crap shoot and would cause her a lot of discomfort. I won't do heroic measures at her age (She will turn 11 on June 19th.) - just to keep her around for my own selfishness. She is my Velcro dog. I am trying so hard to be a "big girl" about this...and failing miserably. I hope she will let me know, when it is time.

Please, please...keep us in your prayers. We don't need a healing, just a peaceful twilight in my beautiful blue girl's life.

Thank you~

Ellie & family

Edited by ellieb

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very Sorry.... :grouphug Many prayers and good thoughts... :hope :hope :hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Gentle hugs to all of you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry. We are also battling this horrid disease. Please give Indigo a hug from me and know that we are all hoping for many, many good days and weeks ahead.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Swifthounds

First, I am so sorry the news was not better. Second, you're not failing miserably if you're thinking of her best interest over your own.

Wishing you both peace and good times for as long as you have together. :bighug

Big Hugs.

It's never easy.. knowing I just had to make the decision myself.. and it sucks, but you'll do what's best for your precious girl.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest TBSFlame

I am so sorry for the dx. I have received it twice now and it never gets easier. I sometime look at my pack of 5 and wonder who will be the next one to fall for this terrible evil thing.

Guest SueG201

my first greyhound was dx at age 5 with osteo of the shoulder, she only made it 4 wks past diagnosis, I am so sorry , this is a very painful nasty cancer

Guest bethac

This brings tears to my eyes. I am so very sorry you got this dx. I hope you can keep her comfortable with pain meds. She looks so beautiful in your siggie. Sending hugs your way. :grouphug

I'm so very sorry. I know so very well the terrible blow those words are. I hope for many many pain free days you can enjoy together.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I'm so sorry to hear the news. She's so beautiful.

While any decision you make is the right one for you, I did want to let you know what I did.

Diamond was 2 weeks short of her 12th BD. I chose amputation. While she lasted only 6 months, she was very happy and pain free.

Just remember, whatever you do, you're doing it out of love for her.

Another vote of support from an osteo household. You are not alone, and as long as you do what's best for her, it's the right thing.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

i'm very sorry to hear your news :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I am so very sorry.

I am so very sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest ellieb

my first greyhound was dx at age 5 with osteo of the shoulder, she only made it 4 wks past diagnosis, I am so sorry , this is a very painful nasty cancer

I don't want to push our luck and have her end up with a painful fracture. She cannot even walk down the 3 concrete steps to our back patio. I am carrying her.

I am hoping when she "tells" me it is time that our vet might come here and ease her on to the next phase. I am really hoping she can pass here, on her bed with all of us loving her.

My heart is breaking.

Your kind words, thoughts and prayers do help SO much. Thank you all.

Ellie I'm so sorry. Sending hugs for you and Indigo :(

Thank you, Nancy. You have kept my beautiful girl in gorgeous collars for her time with us. :)