Diesel

lothianjavert

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

I am so sorry for the loss of Diesel. He was such a special boy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rachael, I'm so, so sorry. :cry1

I remember us pulling him off the truck that icy morning when he came in as your foster. He was always such a big goof, built like a tank...I still sometimes think of the time you got new shoes and he was scared of them...

I know there's a big hole in your heart now, but I hope you'll find some solace in the fact that you gave him a warm, loving, and most importantly, understanding home and that he thrived under your care. I'm sorry he couldn't be with you longer.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

You gave him a wonderful home, and let him blossom into the dog he was meant to be. And you knew him so well. Sometimes I think they can tell us it is time to let them go, as clearly as if they had spoken.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Diesel.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh Rachael, I am SO sorry. :cry1 I echo what Meredith said about finding some solace in the wonderful home that you provided him. I think so highly of you and would trust my dogs to your care in a second so I know that Diesel had a wonderful life with his pals Sully and Sebau. :nod

I hear what you're saying about his joy for life up until the end. One of the things that still kills me and makes it really hard to accept what happened is that even though Neyla was 11, she wasn't showing her age at all. She still had an amazing zest for life, loved playing and charging around with toys, I just felt like she had years left in her if not for the freaking osteo. It's so hard to see that stolen from them. Neyla's progression was a lot like Diesel's at the end too. It went from managing with some ups and downs to out of control in just a few short days. You read or hear about it, but you still can't believe it when it happens, but the one small positive thing that came from that was that I had no doubts that it was time and I was at least at peace with my decision. I hope that you have that as well. Hugs to you and kisses for Sully and Sebau. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I'm so sorry Rachael. I know much it hurts. Your boy couldn't have had a better life than with you. I'm so sorry he had to leave you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry. Your three were my favorite secret bunny recipients ever and I will always remember you posting hte photos of them wearing the daisy headband I sent. Hugs to you and Sully and Sebau.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

God Speed Diesel. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greymama002

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your joyful precious boy. They leave such a void in our lives when they go. After we lost Tina, the boys would both lay right beside her bed. :brokenheart

Run pain-free, most beloved angel, :angelwings:gh_run

Oh, Rachael, I'm so sorry...

I didn't know he'd been diagnosed - guess I missed that thread.

Hugs for you, Sully & Sebau...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest StriderDog

My heart sank when I saw his name :(. I will never forget a pic of him and his octopus you posted years ago. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

That is the picture I always think of when I think of Diesel.. a true GT classic.

Agreed. A GT classic. He will be missed, not just by your family, but all of us here on GT.