Cake- Sassy Star

Guest greydogluvr

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How awful; what a tragedy. I am so sorry for your losses. Who knows why such things happen?

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for your tragic loss, but I must echo earlier statements. You did not let her down.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I can't begin to express how very sorry I am. :( No, this was not your fault! These things happen, unfortunately, and it could have happened to any of us. I'm just very sorry that it happend to you this time. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest RiverCityGang

I am so very sorry this happend. It wasn't your fault and you did not let Cake down. She and Gussy are together and watching over you, and I'm sure they wish they could help your broken heart. I know I wish I could....

Edited by RiverCityGang

Guest greydogluvr

Thank you all so much. This is such a trying time, but the support for you all and the understanding has been so comforting. I take some comfort in knowing that they were together and that they did not suffer. Though my stomach continues to have an emptiness and my heart is aching, each day seems a tiny bit brighter.

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My heart is breaking for you right now as I read this. Yes it was a horrible accident that you had no control over just like no control over a disease. I can understand you feeling guilty as I think it is a natural reaction to a horrible situation but it was not your fault. I am so sorry for you and your pets. Godspeed Cake and Gussy and may the wind always be at your back sweet babies.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

You've suffered such an enormous tragedy. We can understand your anguish and pain as you can't help but re-live that horrific accident. But please be gentle with your broken heart. Guilt is such a cruel emotion, and often the ones most devastated by it are guilty of nothing. You are hurting so deeply now because you love so deeply as well.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Cake.

Sharing your sadness, and keeping you in my prayers.

Run free, Cake and Gussy, and watch over Lora.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest HappyHarleysMom

My heart is breaking for you and your precious dogs, and I'm crying with you. But, please don't live with guilt, because it was a tragic accident. The 'what if's' will tear you apart. You loved them kindly every day they were with you, and please take heart that they are together. Cake and Gussy would not want you to carry this burden around, because they love you as much as you love them.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Cake and Gussy are together now, and they're happy pups. You gave them a wonderful life. Try to remember it was a tragedy that was not your fault. They know this, and they love you for loving them.

Godspeed, Cake and Gussy.

:f_red

Guest vahoundlover

As so many others have expressed, this wasn't your fault. Please go easy on yourself, it can happen to any of us. I am so sorry :grouphug

Godspeed Cake and Gussy :f_red

:cry1 I'm so very sorry.:f_red

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

As others have stated, you did not let Cake down. Fire is a tragedy and this could easily have happened to any one of us. We are all here for you and will listen whenever you need us. grouphug.gif

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

I am so sorry for your losses. This is a horrible tragedy - and nothing you should blame yourself for....you did not let your babies down...rather they went to the bridge knowing that they had spent their days in a loving and caring home. Toughts and prayers are with you for you to find peace.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.