Pony (18 Oct 1999 - 27 Jan 2011)

Guest bonnebike

Guest bonnebike

Pony passed away today after a couple of difficult nights. X-rays showed a mass in his abdomen and we had to let him go.

We only had him a year and a half, but he stole our hearts like they all do. The odd thing is he had a big day Sunday at the greyhound walk and was full of energy. These things happen so fast.

He came to us already a senior and he mostly acted his age although at times he was a very silly boy. He always wanted to take his inside toys outside and leave them in the yard. He would wait at the door to want back in, but as you opened the door he would run back into the yard to fetch the toy to bring back inside. I'm not sure how much of that trick was learned from us and how much he came up with on his own.

He loved his treats. When he saw you had a treat he would not take his eyes off you and *back up* to his bed where he'd have to lie down before he'd get it. Mary knew she had to get out of the way or be run over by his big bottom.

Pony will be sorely missed by his Mom and Dad and his sister Mary.

Pony and his puppy.

IMAG0034.jpg

Last photo at the vet.

IMAG0081.jpg

Greyhound walk.

IMG_2207.JPG

Back from a walk in the rain with Mary.

IMG_0032.JPG

The day we adopted him at the Homes for Hounds picnic. We weren't planning on adopting that day!

IMG_1152.JPG

I'm so sorry for your loss. He must've been a real sweetie flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest PhillyPups

I am so sorry for your loss. These seniors strut right in and steal our hearts and the void they leave is huge, but our world becomes a better place for sharing it with them. Thank you for giving Pony such a loving home - :bighug

Run with the angels Handsome Pony, you are with the very very best ~

What a beautiful face :wub: :wub: . I'm so sorry he had to leave you, so soon and so suddenly. Hugs to you and to Mary.

Godspeed, handsome Pony.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry it was time for him to go. :cry1 Seniors are such a gift from the heart. :beatheart Godspeed Pony... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Oh, no... I remember the day you adopted him; he was such a sweet boy. I am sorry you didn't get to have more time with him; yet glad that you got the time you did. He will be missed. Godspeed, Pony...

You were all so blessed to have found each other, thank you for loving a senior hound. Pony was beautiful, and I am so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Pony boy :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so very sorry of your loss of sweet Pony. He sounds like a real sweetie.

Run free Pony, run free big guy... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Pony. What a sweet, beautiful boy.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

What a sweet and gentle face. I am so sorry for your loss.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project