Elly

JeaniesMom

I still can't believe what happened Elly passed away suddenly sunday evening :weep .

Elly was found by me deceased outside in the yard afew minutes after I had let the dogs out for their last bathroom break before bedtime . Cam and I tried CPR and artificial respiration but it was too late she was already gone . She was 9 years old . We believe Elly suffered a fatal aneurysm .

After reviewing our security camera everything thing was normal she was running around with Alvin he had peed , she had just finished peeing and she turned around and was walking to come up the deck steps and before she reached them she stopped and swayed a bit and just fell over on her side and died . It also shows Alvin running back to her from the patio doors to sniff her and then coming back up to the patio door I was out there 3 minutes after letting them out and found her she was already gone I am absolutely devastated :weep .

I had adopted Elly 3 years ago . She was a spunky bossy brood mom who had gone though so much in her life and it never affected her spirit . She had survived a broken hock which was never set properly but that never slowed her down . She had huge corns on 3 of her paws, she never compained while I hulled them out . She had also survived Babisia .Elly was always running around trying to get Alvin to play with her . That's what she was doing moments before she passed .

5568_1160066475200_1033938598_30478526_3704837_n.jpg

One of my favorite pictures below with Elly in the middle , And my bridge kids Jeanie and Chance

n1033938598_30189002_4670.jpg

Goodbye Elly you were taken far too soon say hi to Jeanie , Chance and Ebby cat .....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I am so sorry. There's "something" about those dear sweet broodies isn't it? My deepest sympathy.

Run happy healthy free and fast dearest Elly. You are loved always. Your love lives on through your "puppies" and your legacy of love!

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Guest Lovey_Hounds

I'm so sorry you had to find her that way. May she run free with all of her hound friends who went before.

she will be waiting for you at the bridge

I'm sorry about your girl. She was a beautiful.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm so sorry for your loss...she sounds like she was doing what she liked best...no matter how long we have them, it's never long enough.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

It's so hard when they go sudently like that. YOu don't have a chance to say good-bye. But, she didn't suffer and you weren't put the agonzing choice of "when" to let her go. YOu didn't have to decide whether to go thru a $5000 surgery or just pain management. You didn't have to worry about a day too soon or a day too late.

She's a beautiful girl. Enjoy life at the Bridge Elly.

Guest greybookends

I lost a 14 yo the exact same way. It is devastating when it happens so suddenly and unexpectedly. It doesn't give you a chance to say goodbye and tell them how much you love them. It leaves you feeling numb, and filled with so many conflicting emotions. I am so sorry you are going through this.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Oh, no! That kind of sudden loss is doubly devastating. When I was in total shock, feeling as if my heart had been ripped out with no warning (my heart cat Daphne died in my arms), it took a long time before I didn't feel an actual physical pain from her loss. Of course, any loss is so hard, but when it is without warning, you are in no way prepared, so it adds a extra layer to your grief. In time, the small comfort now in knowing that she didn't suffer and was doing what she loved, will ease the pain somewhat. Let yourself grieve for as long as you need to.

I'm so sorry you lost your very beautiful Elly.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so very sorry for the sudden loss of your beautiful girl.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow