Wendy Is Still Sick

Wendy has been hospitalized since the beginning of the week. She had a gastric bleed, which is now under control, and she's better but she continues to vomit. The vet says that if she does not respond to meds, he will have to do an exploratory on Monday to look around inside. Oh, God. :( I am TERRIFIED. Please form a prayer circle around my girl. I need the power of GT.

Thank you all so much. :cry1

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. I had hoped as you did that she would be back to herself and home today. Sending all kinds of prayers for your girl, and hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank you all. This means so much.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Sending good thoughts to Wendy. My senior had some weird "bleed" back in December and is doing well now. Let's hope for the same for Wendy. Hang in there.

Guest jettcricket

Sending tons of white light and good healing thoughts for your baby girl and hugs to you Momma. You hang in there..... :grouphug

Praying, praying, praying!! Hugs, white light and powerful healing thoughts are all around Wendy.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

sending lots of healing thoughts for Wendy

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I just came back from visiting my girl. She looks awful. So thin...even thinner than her racing weight. She's weak and wobbly. The vet said that he may do an exploratory surgery on Monday. I didn't get a chance to ask him, but can't dogs be endoscoped? All this because I gave her one, stupid asprin. I may have killed my heart-hound. Pray please...don't stop praying.

Please don't beat yourself up. Remember, I did the same thing but was lucky that Treasure didn't get sick. If you look up whether you can give aspirin to a dog, every website that I saw seemed to indicate that it would be fine, and I don't recall having seen any warnings about drug interactions, You did your best :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.